iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::22.2.07::

Bad and Good

Sunset Series fun run at Princes Park last night - definitely bad. The first lap went well, I did great times then the second lap. Just after the midway point, I started feeling sick, then sicker and sicker. I had to stop running and walk. My friend, Simon, stayed with me even though I kept telling him he didn't have to which wasn't so much him being nice as being slack. Around the 6 km mark, an old man passed us so I ran to get ahead then felt sicker and walked. The old man passed us again - he was really, really old - so we ran then walked. Finally I let the old man get ahead. I walked, very slowly to the finish but once that finish line can into sight I had to do a sprint.

Afterwards I felt like I wanted to either vomit or pass out. Still managed to eat my post-run sausage though. It took forever to walk the km back to the car, I even needed a rest stop halfway. Am still feeling queasy today. Not good at all.

But this is good - I wrote an article for Women's Health and Fitness magazine and my copy turned up today. Check it out if you get a chance - I interviewed a few bloggers for it :) Woohoo!

I haven't bought WH&F for awhile now as I think the fitness sections have been more like beginners material. Now I'm just gonna have to get a copy, or maybe I'll just read your bit while I'm in the newsagents. Do you think they'll mind.
Hope you're feeling better.

By Blogger Debstar, at 3:48 pm  

Aargh!! I've been checking and checking, and that bloody magazine is STILL not in the newsagent!

Not that I'm impatient or anything....

And Deb's right, it really went all to crap, just page after page of fluff - but the last issue was a little better. And this month I know there's at least one awesome article.
:-D

By Blogger Kek, at 5:41 pm  

Nice work on the article! I used to read WH&F when I was back in Oz but some of the writing really used to give me the shits - it was like it was written by people with no writing skills (or spelling or grammar). The lack of editing made it seem a bit amateurish - but then I am pedantic that way. Good to see they are lifting their game!

By Blogger MelM, at 12:19 am  

Sounds like you might not have had enough water on board in the days leading up to PP run? It has been so hot at night as well so your body probaby didn't cope. It is such a horrible feeling- at least you managed a sprint at the end.

By Blogger MorseyRuns, at 1:32 pm  

Whoo hoo, well done on the article! I'll have to check it out. I hope you are feeling better.

By Blogger Mary, at 6:23 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Working Man

Tuesday

Weigh In 76.8 kg

Hot

Valentines Day

Skint

Weigh In - 76 kg

Competition Girl

Tired

In The Ghetto...

archives