iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::8.2.07::

In The Ghetto...

Our landlords are being total - well that word I can't really say on here but you know the one I mean. We haven't heard from them in weeks then yesterday they rang up demanding their rent money immediately! I told them I had a fun run to go to and they wanted to meet me there to get the money. I kid you not.

This is damn ridiculous. We don't have a rent day, they just decide they want the money and want it NOW.

I can't pay my full rent (since it's been 6 weeks and I spent some of it) until Monday so they went psycho on me. I say they because I had the rent girl (the owner's daughter) on the phone to me while her brother yelled abuse in the background.

Then, long story short, more dramas today... more abuse, more eviction threats. The owner reckons he's moving in for 2 weeks to make our lives hell. I laughed at him - like the slumlord would move into the slum!

I've rang the Tenants Union and I know my rights - they can't evict us and, if they try they will have to go through the proper channels. If they come over and get abusive we ring the police (got their number on speed dial), I'm taking them to court to get the lawns done, the dodgy stove fixed and other jobs done. I also found out that, since we only rent the rooms, the landlord is responsible for cleaning the communal areas twice a week. My sister wanted to do a runner but I'm determined to stay here and fight.

These people are cashed up bogans who've made their money out of ripping people off and bullying them (not just as landlords but in their business as well). It's time someone stood up to them.

Edited to say: Oh yeah I did the zoo run yesterday between dramas. Wanted to do it under 50 mins but did just over :( But I got to see monkeys and lions.

Woohoo! Threaten Kathryn and she'll make YOUR life hell!

And stuff running the zoo run under ANY time. You gotta stop and watch the animals. :P

By Blogger Jadey, at 6:26 pm  

Good on you for sticking to your guns, don't give in to bullies. They can sing for their money, make em fix the problems too.

By Blogger Chris H, at 6:46 pm  

God, they sound like the landlords from hell. I hope the rent is cheap, at least!

Nice, running with lions and monkeys. :-)

By Blogger Kek, at 7:44 pm  

what powertripping arsemonkeys! good on you for standing up to them. GRRRR.

By Blogger Shauna, at 12:22 am  

omg, I so want you to take the bastards to court and then take photos of them begrudgingly cleaning your kitchen :D

People getting dodged makes me angry.

By Blogger Amy, at 8:20 am  

They sound like total mo-fos. Good on you for standing up to them. I hope it doesn't get any nastier.

By Blogger Sarah, at 10:05 am  

Bloody hell, your landlord is a "criminal, mafia" and I say that in my Dad's classic Balkan accent for effect. Take him to the cleaners!

By Blogger Mary, at 6:12 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Rocking the Go-Go

Five Things You Don't Know About Me!

Good Things

Weigh In - 76.7 kgs

Queasy Like Sunday Morning!

Arrrgggghhh!

Go me!

Stuff

Yikes!

Weigh In - 76.6 kg

archives