iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::1.2.07::

Go me!

Today at the gym I leg pressed 80 kgs. If you look at my Monday entry, you might notice my weight is less than 80 kgs. As in I leg pressed more than body weight (I have done this before but it was on one of those hydrolic weight machines so I didn't really trust that I'd done around 100 kgs - this was using good old fashioned weight plates, you can trust those).

Of course, that is nowhere near as good as Kek, who can practically leg press a Mack truck, but it rocks my world!

I've been hearing lots of good stuff about pineapple juice and how it helps with muscle soreness so I had one after the gym. I don't normally drink juice - I'd prefer my fruit intact - but it was super good (it also had banana, strawberries and something else) and gave me the energy for the 5 km walk home. I am the only person who feels like a slacker if I don't walk to and from the gym as well as working out?

I also read on Morsey Runs about doing 8 second intervals. I'm not sure it they really are some kind of fat burning magic but it stopped me from getting into zone out cruisey mode, which I often do on the bike.

On Monday, I forgot to post my weekly challenge. I think this week's will be to try a new class at the gym.

Well, I think 80kg is pretty bloody sensational! And hey, I wasn't born LP-ing 200kg, ya know...that took me some time and training to work up to.

You'll hit the magic 100 in no time if you keep at it, Kathryn. Just go up 5kg at a time. I bet you'll surprise yourself.

Hmm, I heard that about pineapple juice too...somewhere.

By Blogger Kek, at 10:17 pm  

Is that really true about pineapple juice? This old bod needs all the help it can get, I shall get onto it :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 am  

Pineapple juice has an acid in it that is really beneficial for gout so I would trust that it maybe has some sort of anti-inflammatory properties.

That is a fantastic leg press. I think that I will join the gym later in the year, once I get a bit of the weight off from walking.

By Blogger Jules, at 8:28 am  

Well I can't speak for others, but *I* certainly don't feel guilty if I don't walk to and from the gym! But now I kind of wish I did......

What a fantastic milestone! Well done :D

By Blogger ali4579@gmail.com, at 11:42 am  

Walk to and from the gym haha haha - Yeah freaking right. By the time I do my workouts (except UBWO) I am limping to the car! No way could I walk home.

Great work on the leg press my dear. You can build on it to one day be like Kek.

By Blogger Jadey, at 12:49 pm  

I too prefer my fruit intact, have been having heaps of fresh pineapple it's so yum. And there is no way I'd walk to/from the gym, I always end up wet from my workout and sauna, that's why I bought me scooter. LAZY TART THAT I AM.

By Blogger Chris H, at 5:38 pm  

LOL and here I was feeling all impressed with my five pound leg weights for various things. You go girl! 80 kgs is awesome!

By Blogger Kada, at 6:14 pm  

WOW 80kgs is fantastic. And I love pineapple juice...*scribbles pine jc on shopping list*. Hope I remember what my code is in the morning LOL.

Have a wonderful weekend and go you for no pizza on PB night :)

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:22 pm  

Wow! if i benchpressed more than my weight then it would have to be a bloody mack truck!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:37 pm  

I've just started on the pineapple juice myself, I quite like it and my legs don't seem too sore despite lots of running, so you never know, there might be some truth in it!

By Blogger YP, at 5:36 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Stuff

Yikes!

Weigh In - 76.6 kg

Sick

Cheese Orgy

Talk

Me

Run

Weigh In - 75.8 kgs

Brains and Prison Break

archives