iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::22.1.07::

Weigh In - 75.8 kgs

Ha, I so knew my scales were wrong last week... because otherwise I've lost 2 kgs in a week, and think not. More like 2 kgs in 2 weeks. So there, scales. I'm right and you're wrong!

I had an awful weekend - drank way, way too much on Friday night and so spend the rest of the weekend bedridden and feeling lousy about myself. Sometimes my lack of alcohol tolerance screws me over. I'm used to being able to drink a lot. Is it just me or do other people feel like they are the worst person in the world after they drink and just want to stay in bed forever?

I was total crap at my weekly goal for eating mindfully, since I kept eating while watching Prison Break - which isn't eating mindfully one tiny bit. At least I didn't resort to comfort eating which I sorely needed at times. Now I'm caught up so no need to binge watch any more.

My goal for this week is to do something to make me feel good about myself every day.

Great loss, whoever's right.
Self inflicted alcohol blues hey? Know them all too well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 am  

Nope, it's not just you. Which is why I've finally realised that when it comes to alcohol, it's just not worth the after-effects. :/

Maybe you need to instigate a temporary ban on eating while watching TV? I had to do that for a while, since you can somehow 'accidentally' eat your own weight in chips and chocolate whithout even noticing. Or at least portion out whatever you're going to eat and put the rest away.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 am  

I think I'll join you in that goal!

And a hearty PFFFTTTBBB to your scales, with a nyah nyah thrown in for good measure!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 am  

I think I'll join you in that goal!

And a hearty PFFFTTTBBB to your scales, with a nyah nyah thrown in for good measure!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 am  

buggah! Sorry about the double post. It told me it didn't go through the first time.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 am  

Well done on the loss. I'm a bit like kek, pretty much off the alcohol cos I didn't like what it did to me. Eating while watching TV is still a problem on occassion though - I just try and grab something healthy if I can.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 pm  

Hooray for a great loss, whoever is right.
Bri

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 pm  

I only need to drink 2 glasses of shiraz to feel that way. My goal for the month of February is NO alcohol. Its the shortest month of the year so I reckon it won't be so bad.

Well done on losing 2kg - who cares who's right, you did it & that's all that matters!

By Blogger Debstar, at 2:06 pm  

man, I had a pretty bad alcohol-induced-feeling-sorry-for-myself weekend too. Friday night = 8 bottles of wine between 3 people.

Saturday was spent throwing up, napping, and watching tv.

Sunday was much of the same.

I'm such an "all or nothing" person. I can do the "no alcohol" thing easily, but the "little bit of alcohol" concept eludes me.

Hope you're feeling better, and it's great that the scales are behaving themselves!

By Blogger Lee, at 4:44 pm  

Congrats on the great loss. And I love the goal, might try to join you.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 pm  

Congrats on the loss!

I hate the feeling of wasting an entire weekend recovering from one night of drunkiness! And it takes longer to get over it the older u get :-(

xx

By Blogger Nancy Bou, at 7:46 pm  

I can't prop up the entire shiraz market on me own!!!

No wait.
Maybe I can.

No,you're not alone!

By Blogger Wanda Ring, at 8:18 pm  

It's shit isn't it?? I used to pride myself on being able to drink half the boys under the table. I think that the fact was that we were just used to the poison that is alcohol. Now we very rarely do it and the poison affects us way more. I mean, if you hadn't been drinking and woke up vomiting and feeling like you do after a night on the turps, you'd head straight for the A & E department thinking you were dying.

By Blogger Jules, at 9:41 pm  

Awesome loss! I don't know about you but I've found my alcohol tolerance has decreased dramatically since I've lost weight. Although it could be that my tastes have changed from spirits (which I could drink all night and still not feel slightly tipsy) to white wine (which after 2 glasses I feel the effects).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:53 pm  

I have found the older I get the less alcohol I can tolerate. I always feel crappy and guilty the next day. It's a shame really because I do enjoy a glass of wine or two or three lol!

Congrats on the loss :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 pm  

My alcohol tolerance has turned to shit since losing weight. I guess theres less bum boom and blubber to store the extra champagne in...

By Blogger Kenz, at 11:36 pm  

i'm so hearing you with the whole feeling like the worst person in the world when hungover. seriously, i get the worse case of the guilts and my poor hubby spends the whole day telling me that having a few drinks and having a good time is in no way in the world some sort of sin punishable by death!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 pm  

Great loss this week! Sucked in scales! I like your goal this week, sounds like a lovely way to treat yourself.

As for the booze, we'll we've all been there and I often feel like the biggest fool in the universe after a bender. Fortunately it happens less frequently but the hangovers are getting harder to bounce back from. I think I'm still feeling the effects of Saturday at Mary's ;).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 pm  

Nah, it's not just you and awesome loss! You don't drink too much these days anyway so once in a while I think is good for you. It makes you remember WHY you don't do it so much anymore :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Brains and Prison Break

They Didn't Have To Drill

Quick Update

Water

PS.

My Head Is Going To Explode!

Weigh In - 77.6 kg

Food and Exercise

Pain

Gym

archives