iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::11.1.07::

Gym

About three months ago, I suspended my Fitness First membership. I could only suspend it for three months and they hold me it would go through until the 11st Jan. So the other day I went in to sort it out and, apparently the payment goes through on the 11th but it actually become unsuspended on the 7th. I have no idea how that works but I figure since I have to pay for a fortnight's membership before I re-suspend it, I'm going to get my money's worth.

I went in last night and did some cardio and weights. Tonight I want to do a Body Balance class and tomorrow Boxing. Because it's so hot, I'm torn between wanting to go over to the St Kilda gym because it has a pool and not wanting to spend time in my unair-conditioned car.

I went into Borders the other day and read a few books on half marathon training then sat down and created an excel spreadsheet with all my training for the next 5 months, encompassing the Run for the Kids and a couple of other fun runs I have planned.

My plan at the moment is to do two medium length runs during the week and a long run on the weekend. When the R4TKs training runs start up, I'll drop one of the midweek runs for two of those, bumping it up to 4 runs a week. The plan is pretty flexbile since I often do my long runs with my friend Simon so need to schedule around him.

I also want to increase the distance but include walk breaks - I figure I'll burn heaps more calories doing say 15 kms of 2 km running, 1 km walking than just doing a 10 km.

My plan also includes 3 cross training sessions a week - I want to do boxing at least once a week because I need some cardio that works the upper body, then just a mix of cardio machines or walking. Also yoga once or twice a week and a couple of weight training sessions.

Right now, I'm hoping it cools down enough so that I can go for a run tonight. If not, I'll run on the treadie at the gym before my Body Balance class.

I've been reading this blog - health advice from my fave radio station, RRR. Definitely worth a look.

Good luck for the HM training. I already have my plan all set out for the coming months and am looking forward to it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 pm  

Thanks for your support :) Keep up the good work. Gill

By Blogger Gill Stannard Naturopath, at 7:56 pm  

Are you bloody crazy? It's way too hot to be doing so much exercise! You ARE the exercise Queen baby!
Bri

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 pm  

I'm exhausted just reading this. Go you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 am  

that sounds exxxxxxxxxcellent. how you enjoyed the body balance, milk that two weeks for all it's worth, hehe :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:52 am  

I've decided I want to give Yoga a go too. I reckon the core strengthening and flexibility will really help the running. It's just a matter of finding a Yoga class when I get to Perth.

I'm aiming for a half too, but I'm planning on a run/walk just to cover the distance! I want to run 12-15km of it - I reckon that'd be awesome!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 am  

Grrr, credit cards are a bit of a gripe of mine lately. Too many "incorrect" deductions for my liking but I hope you ar enjoying going back to FF!?

Good going with planning out your runs. What a great idea and it'll help you plan other stuff around it like training etc. Good stuff.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:44 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Resolve

Weigh In 77.6 kg

Survived!

Camping

Magazines

Resolved!

2006

Good Things

Better

Blah

archives