iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::1.1.07::

Resolved!

Happy 2007 people. Where has this century gone? It seems like only yesterday everyone was panicing about the Y2K bug!

I had the quietest NYE ever. My friend Dave came over and we watched Rambo! I now I have many things I want including a helicopter and a rocket launcher. I've not beeing feeling 100% the last few days so it was good to just vege out. I didn't even have a booze (but I did have a Mint Slice Cornetto!)

So anyway, my goals for 2007:

Health and Fitness:

My weight is up to 76.6 kg (yikes) and I really want to go get to 65 kgs. That's 11.6 kgs to lose. I can do that. And I will do that. This is the year of getting to goal and maintaining it.

I want to do the Run For the Kids and the Great Ocean Road Half Marathon. I'm sure they'll be many other fun runs along the way. I'm looking to set some new PBs this year.

I want to master real push-ups (was doing good with these until I hurt my ribs last year) and chin ups.

I'm also planning to do a regular boxing class, yoga at least once a week and lots of cardio and weight training.

Career:

This year I will finish my novel and I will send it out to publishers. I am also going to start my second novel.

I don't have any real big ticket resolutions this year and I think that's because so many things are up in the air. I have no idea about work or about where I'll be living. It's hard to make plans at the moment but that's fine. I'm happy with things the way they are and I'm sure the future will take care of itself.

One thing I want to do is have a small weekly goal so that I can start weeding out the bad habits. I call this the Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama. First on the list is to drink more water because I've been crap at this lately.

Happy New Year! Good luck with the resolutions- Great Ocean Road Half Marathon sounds hard - might have a go myself.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 am  

Happy New Year Kathryn! Good luck with all your goals for 2007.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 am  

I like the idea of mastering push ups. Real ones, not girly ones. I reckon it would be cool to do 10 push ups on my knuckles. Hmmmm, might set that as a resolution for myself...

Have a great year!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 am  

HAppy New Year. Great goals and very realistic.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:00 pm  

Hi Kathryn - I ahve read pretty much all your blog - not in a stalker type fashion, but in an OMG I admire this person and what she has acheived SO MUCH, kind of fashion.

So, I am inspired finally, to fix myself up!

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 pm  

I think I'll start by replacing wine with water - sort of a reverse-Jesus-trick!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 pm  

LOL I love Sue's comment - ditto for me. Now I'm hopeless at goal setting so could you please post each one you come up with & I'll try and do that too.
Losing 10kgs sounds good to me.
And more water....YES I definately need to do that too.

By Blogger Debstar, at 6:12 pm  

Hey Kathryn, my first visit and a 'cool' read. I loved your post regarding Christmas presents, finally my family is starting to realise that Christmas is not just a gift handover thingy... this year when I gave them a certificate telling them I had planted a tree in their name, they were not shocked and some were even pleased!

You don't list your suburb or work location on the forum or blog (which is cool), but... if you are looking for a group concept to help wou with your training, why not consider going into the city on Wed evenings (6pm) for a run with Start to Finish, this way you can get to run with others and enjoy the 'all round' encouragement of the Run Leaders and the other particpants.

All the best with all of your goals, enjoy healthy eating, not diets and not protein shakes, real food, vegies, fruit and healthy meats, with loads of water...

Enjoy your running...


Stu was here! (sorry for the long post)

By Blogger Stu Mac, at 7:57 pm  

Happy New Year Kathryn...here's to a great 2007. You really have achieved a lot in 2006. lb

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 8:43 pm  

Happy New Year. Here's to another successful one. Can't wait to read your novel! What is it about?

Ros

http://skinnyminny8.blogspot.com/index.html

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 am  

that's a good bunch o' goals! when a challenge has a RAMA in it, you know it's gonna be good :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:27 am  

HAPPY NEW YEAR babe and cheers to 2007! This is going to be another great year for you and I know this because you have such a great attitude and amazing fire in you to *live* your life to the fullest. Definitely achievable goals and you'll blitz them :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 am  

You're not wrong about how quickly time is flying. I never believed it when adults told me how quickly time went as you got older. Now i'm one of those adults, telling little kids to enjoy their time to the max!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:06 am  

Hi Kathryn!
Happy new year and thank you for reading my blog!

The Great Ocean Road run would be SO amazing!

Am I using too many exclamation marks?

!

By Blogger Wanda Ring, at 10:17 pm  

Happy New Year! Good luck with the chin ups.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

2006

Good Things

Better

Blah

Merry Christmas!

Merry Freakin' Christmas

Kathryn's Tips of Yuletidey Goodness

Miscellaneous

The Game Plan

Floating Thoughts

archives