iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::18.9.06::

Girl Jock





















This is where I invested my birthday cash. Yep, 22 kgs of dumbells. Not just that, I'm hella excited about it. I've had dumbells before but they were those vinyl coated ones in pink and purple and other girlie-girl colours. Now I have kick-arse, hard-core metal ones with adjustable plates (in a pretty blue).

I'm getting quite a nice little home gym happening, with yoga dvds, weights and ... well that's about it. Oh yeah and a skipping rope and fit ball. The next thing I need to buy is a decent pump for the fitball cos it's a bit saggy in the middle (not unlike myself).

For cardio, I'm going to concentrate on running and, hopefully, I'll get a bike soon.

I tried out the dumbells yesterday. I had to change my workout a bit to minimise adjusting the dumbells too often, plus it involves a bit of mental maths but otherwise it rocked.

***

Do you know who rocks? Shauna! What a legend. I was going to demand you go over to her site and read about her swimming adventures but then realised that everyone reads Diet Girl anyway. She makes me almost want to learn to swim all proper (ie. not doggy paddle) but then I remember my head in water fears.

As she says, it's only 14 weeks until Christmas. My new challenge is 65 kilos by Christmas. I can do that. Luckily, I'm so unpopular and anti-social that I have few pre-Christmas events to attend. And, after this past weekend, I'm swearing off the booze for a while.


Love the new weights. :)

By Blogger Living to Feel Good, at 12:23 pm  

My problem with adjustable weights is ALL about doing maths in my head!
Swearing off the booze? Yeah, right!

By Blogger Sue, at 1:13 pm  

OMG! They are SERIOUS weights! Have fun!

By Blogger Suzy, at 4:51 pm  

those are supercool weights, put my 3kg plastic ones to shame!
65kg by xmas, u can do it easy peasy :)

By Blogger Kt, at 6:42 pm  

Oh yeah, thanks for bagging my plastic coated pink weights you girl jock you!! and you are so NOT swearing off the booze you bloody liar!!
65 by Christmas - ok i'll race you!!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 9:35 pm  

diet WHO!?

hee hee... seriously, thank you! i am spewing at those weights. they are sexy! i have grey plastic ones that cost £10. errrk.

glad to see you will be Going for Gold for xmas. rock onnn :)

By Blogger Shauna, at 7:26 am  

You'll blitz the next 5kg with your new kickass weights. Good to see you enjoyed your birthday weekend.

By Blogger Cinders, at 8:57 am  

hA... They look like my husbands... I stuggle to move them let alone actually use them to exercise!!
Money so well spent!!!

By Blogger Yummy Mummy, at 2:18 pm  

They look like the weights Tom has. They're pretty hardcore but way better than little hand weights (except when you're doing an exercise dvd that needs little hand weights!).

65 kilos by Christmas? I reckon you can do it:) You can do the no booze thing too, you'll just need tonnes of willpower, something which I lack!

Hope you're having a great week

:) Sarah

By Blogger Sarah, at 11:10 pm  

Loving the metal! You'll get some serious toning with those!

I dare you to confront your fear of the water too.

After DG's inspiring post, I'm thinking of doing the same.

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 9:39 pm  

Great birthday pressie! Wow - those weights are SPUN-KEE! Puts my girly pink-purple thingys to shame!

Give the swimming a go - it'll probably help get you towards 65kgs since your body won't have a clue what's going on for a while!

By Blogger Ails, at 10:42 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weekend O' Treats

I'm So Vain!

A Year Later...

Daveriffic!

Arrrggh!

Weigh In - 70.3 kg

Quitting the Gym!

September Challenge

Gripes

The Tiramisu of Broken Dreams

archives