iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.9.06::

Quitting the Gym!

From the end of this month, I've put my gym membership on hold for the rest of the year. I'm not giving up exercise though. I just figure getting into summer, I want to play outside!

The plan is running 4 days a week and popping up to the gym near my house (@ $4 a casual visit) to do weights a couple of times a week. Or maybe investing in some more dumbells and doing weights at home.

I also want to buy a bike, just a cheap secondhand one (I want a purple dragster with a flower basket like I had when I was 10 - that bike ruled).

With the money I save on gym membership, I might even go out and do something new and exciting. I've become bored with what the gym has to offer and I hate having to fit myself around a class schedule.

As to the last entry, thanks for all your comments on my huge gap! Blogger did weird thing with the table and, even with my mad html skillz, I couldn't figure out why.

I bought a great set of dumbells 2 weeks ago from Rebel online. On sale from $79 to about $60 and then as a new customer I got the delivery chucked in. 2 bars and 4 different plates - I love them!

By Blogger Cinders, at 1:11 pm  

Did your bike have a gold banana seat?

By Blogger Sue, at 2:05 pm  

Great idea - Especially when that will work out so much cheaper!

By Blogger Jadey, at 3:54 pm  

I need to use my fitness stuff more

By Blogger Askazombiehousewife, at 5:30 pm  

I know what you mean about needing to take a gym break. I'm on one too at the moment. I think as long as you keep up other activities its a great thing - that way when you get back into it you enjoy it again rather than seeing it as a chore!

By Blogger yublocka, at 2:43 pm  

Thx for the motivation, Kathryn!
Love reading what yr up to :)
It's good to read about someone who's done it - gives me hope.

By Blogger Chunky, at 8:24 pm  

Ohhh the bike souds hot! (said in an un-ironic Paris Hilton way)

Sounds like a terrific idea - getting sunshine & fresh air instead!

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 4:22 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

September Challenge

Gripes

The Tiramisu of Broken Dreams

Crap Products and Fat Arsed Friday

Life

Lunch

What Rocks?

So Tired...

Fishy Business

Oops!

archives