iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.9.06::

Quitting the Gym!

From the end of this month, I've put my gym membership on hold for the rest of the year. I'm not giving up exercise though. I just figure getting into summer, I want to play outside!

The plan is running 4 days a week and popping up to the gym near my house (@ $4 a casual visit) to do weights a couple of times a week. Or maybe investing in some more dumbells and doing weights at home.

I also want to buy a bike, just a cheap secondhand one (I want a purple dragster with a flower basket like I had when I was 10 - that bike ruled).

With the money I save on gym membership, I might even go out and do something new and exciting. I've become bored with what the gym has to offer and I hate having to fit myself around a class schedule.

As to the last entry, thanks for all your comments on my huge gap! Blogger did weird thing with the table and, even with my mad html skillz, I couldn't figure out why.

I bought a great set of dumbells 2 weeks ago from Rebel online. On sale from $79 to about $60 and then as a new customer I got the delivery chucked in. 2 bars and 4 different plates - I love them!

By Blogger linda, at 1:11 pm  

Did your bike have a gold banana seat?

By Blogger Sue, at 2:05 pm  

Great idea - Especially when that will work out so much cheaper!

By Blogger Jadey 0:-), at 3:54 pm  

GREAT plan :) I also want to do more outdoors stuff but unfortunately it isn't as much fun running around the streets here.. And we don't have nearly as many beautiful green parks like you do over there... So my gym membership will have to do :)
I definately recommend a bike!!! cycling has to be one of the nicest ways to exercise :)

By Blogger Beee, at 4:19 pm  

Purple dragster hey - you would be the coolest chick on the block I would say! Let me know if you find one! If you do you will definately have to get some spokey dokes!!!
Summer is a good time for fresh air exercise I think, so good idea suspending the gym.
Thanks for your comment too :-)
Cheerio

By Blogger Miss Slimmer Palooza, at 4:47 pm  

I need to use my fitness stuff more

By Blogger iportion, at 5:30 pm  

Lose weight, gain friends: The Rice Way

The Rice Way is the best source of information, guidance, and support for the amazing new weight loss solution: The Rice Diet.

Get all the inside info, specific advice, food lists and recipes! Start your own online weight-loss journal for FREE! Enter a fun and friendly community dedicated to health, well-being and support!

Join today to start your own weight-loss success story!

http://thericeway.proboards83.com

By Blogger Nathalie, at 12:01 am  

An Invitation to:

Lose weight, gain friends: The Rice Way

The Rice Way is the best source of information, guidance, and support for the amazing new weight loss solution: The Rice Diet.

Get all the inside info, specific advice, food lists and recipes! Start your own online weight-loss journal for FREE! Enter a fun and friendly community dedicated to health, well-being and support!

Join today to start your own weight-loss success story!

http://thericeway.proboards83.com

By Blogger Nathalie, at 5:42 am  

I know what you mean about needing to take a gym break. I'm on one too at the moment. I think as long as you keep up other activities its a great thing - that way when you get back into it you enjoy it again rather than seeing it as a chore!

By Blogger yublocka, at 2:43 pm  

Thx for the motivation, Kathryn!
Love reading what yr up to :)
It's good to read about someone who's done it - gives me hope.

By Blogger Hayley, at 8:24 pm  

Ohhh the bike souds hot! (said in an un-ironic Paris Hilton way)

Sounds like a terrific idea - getting sunshine & fresh air instead!

By Blogger Beckie, at 4:22 pm  

ohhh that bike sounds so cool! if you find one, lemme know.. cause i want one too!!

By Blogger shinyruby, at 4:10 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

September Challenge

Gripes

The Tiramisu of Broken Dreams

Crap Products and Fat Arsed Friday

Life

Lunch

What Rocks?

So Tired...

Fishy Business

Oops!

archives