iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::28.8.06::

What Rocks?

Well, me. And Gmaps Pedometer! I discovered this handy andy site today and have been playing around.

In the past I've been all wah-wah like a little sooky baby because I can never manage my 4 km morning run (well occasional morning run, very occasional when the weather is over 10 degrees, so prolly once a month morning run) in under 30 minutes.

I've put this down to factors like - me being a crap runner, not warming up first so having to start slow, hilly terrain, me being a really crap runner.

Well thanks to Gmaps, I've learnt that my 4 km run is actually 5 km. Woohoo. See, I rock! I've been running an extra km without realising because I'm all legendary and stuff. Oh yeah and because the signposting on the Merri Creek trail is rubbish.

I also discovered my even-less-occasional 7 km run is actually 8 km, and my 3 km walk to work is 4.5 km (I actually worked that out on whereis.com.au a few weeks ago since it's via real streets so you can measure it).

I remember when I used to over-estimate distances. Like I'd walk 1 km and think I'd done 10. It's pretty cool to find out I've been doing the opposite now. Even my walk from work to the gym is 1 km and burns around 70 calories - woohoo!

I will not use this as an excuse to eat more. No siree. Calories are for burning, not for eating. I might get that printed on a tee-shirt!

As for my NZ friend, she didn't call last night. She called today and left a msg on my phone mumbling her number so I couldn't understand it. Her number didn't come up on my call register either. Grrrr - bloody New Zealanders :)

WOW that is so cool. The walks Cath and I go on (like tonight) are just over 8kms and it takes us just under 1 hr. Thanks for the link. Lots of fun :-) Bwahaha and your run is 5km not 4km so you've been working even harder than you thought!

By Blogger Mary, at 4:22 pm  

Very cool. I thought about getting a pedometer when I lived in New York, but now that I drive everywhere it seems like the read-out would just be depressing. Good for you doing all that cool walking stuff!

By Blogger TrixieBelden, at 5:02 pm  

Go you!! Don't you just love things like that!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 5:52 pm  

Awesome site, thanks for sharing! Great work with the unnoticed extra kms too!

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:12 pm  

Yes, we Kiwis realy are the most obtuse race! Try www.whitepages.co.nz
Woodlehoo on the distances.

By Blogger Sue, at 8:37 am  

Don't want to be the one that let's the (aussie) team down, but how the hell do you get that pedometer to work? Are I dum or wot?

It's a great idea, and i've found my town, and the golf course I walk around, but can't get it to do anything after I click 'start recording'.

Help!

Humiliated Hayley

By Blogger Chunky, at 9:52 am  

PS - were you serious about Snakes on a Plane? It would have to be VERY tongue in cheek to work for me...

LOL at your mammary problems, i'm down to two wearable stretched old bras since birth of babies and need to do some serious bra shopping - if I ran, the chafing would be somewhere around my bellybutton (yes, even WITH the bras)! LOL

Note to self: successful weight loss = boob job

Hayley

By Blogger Chunky, at 10:03 am  

What a great site!! Thanks for sharing!
What a buzz that you have been doing more km's!!

By Blogger Leighanne, at 10:44 am  

That's terrific that you have been running way more km's than you thought! Great site.

By Blogger Suzy, at 10:48 am  

Well done on all the extra kms and thanks for the site link.

By Blogger Cinders, at 10:51 am  

Oh well done on the 5km! Gmap had the opposite effect for me - every route was shorter than I thought :( I run along the darebin ck path which has no signs so I was only guessing anyway.

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 1:38 pm  

I don't think my walk is even on the bloody map - so i'm saying it's 10k's!!!!!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 12:00 pm  

Thanks for telling us about gmaps - I've just been playing around on it and it's fab!!!! Just mapped out my usual walking route and its a whole half a km longer than I thought! Bonus!

By Blogger Ails, at 12:45 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

So Tired...

Fishy Business

Oops!

Jeans and Things

Shrinking Eyes

I need some damn support!

Miscellaneous

Weigh In - blerk!

Shoes and Moral Dilemmas

Five Weird Things About Me...

archives