iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::23.8.06::

Shrinking Eyes

Last night, I cut my writing class to go to yoga, then cut yoga and headed to the movies. I've been feeling so grumpy and out of sorts lately that some quality Johnny time was in order so we went to see Pirates (again).

And, of course, we hit the snack bar. I've done the healthy treats for the movies thing, and I've done the 'it's only 2 hours, I don't need to eat' thing. But let's get real here, what's a movie without a choc top? So I got me a choc top and then went to the help yourself lollie land. I used to hit those things with avengance. Cos, let's face it, they are designed to make you over eat - and at $3 for 100 grams of lollies, they are laughing all the way to the bank at your gluttony. But last night I got a few things - one fantail, a small scoop of M&Ms and some raspberries and cream. Enough to feel like a treat but I didn't come out of the film feeling like my insides were going to burst.

My eyes are shrinking - they're no longer bigger than my belly!

Woohoo! I also had a couple of small handfuls of my sister's popcorn. I don't really like movie popcorn - it's too salty and it makes my tongue hurt. If I want popcorn at the movies, I do make and take my own but I can live without it.

And the best bit of all - I don't feel guilty. Not for skipping the gym, not for eating over my calories. I went for a run this morning (on top of doing gym tonight) to burn off the calories and I feel like a zillion dollars today.

Everyone needs a break at times and I feel like I've had my weight loss break and now I'm refreshed and ready for action.

I've just been stood up for my boxing class. There are no movie theatres near here, so I guess I have to hit the hotel gym!

By Blogger Sue, at 3:44 pm  

holy moly, incredible restraint at the lollie land thing, good on ya! i guess this is what this maintenance palaver is all about.

hope you're feeling okay after the johnny therapy! mrrrowr!

By Blogger Shauna, at 5:23 pm  

wow, u are awesome with that attitude of yours! restraint is pretty hard to practice, u rock!

By Blogger Kt, at 6:01 pm  

Oh dear, not another K!

I am jealous, because I haven't got to Pirates once yet. Dunno what a choc top is, but I can understand the temptation to overload at the pick'n'mix sweetie counter only too well...

By Blogger K, at 6:58 pm  

You are so in control it is wonderful. And BTW I love choc tops at the movies.

By Blogger michelle, at 8:47 pm  

what an awesome attitude! One night? pfft.. My weight loss break would last at least a week.

and I guess that's the reason you're at goal and I just gained 10kgs back! haha

Those serve yourself lollie stands are evil - there's an entire lollie shop full of those near my cinema and I can't walk out of there for uner $6. Best to avoid the whole shop, methinks!

By Blogger Jac, at 10:23 pm  

I'm glad Johnny got u thru a rough night. My dairy free gf told me that movie popcorn is made with oil and not butter so there is another reason not to eat it.

By Blogger Cinders, at 10:28 pm  

I think that's really what maintenance is all about - being 'normal' - within limits! - which means having small treats and days off every now and then. When I get to goal I will test this :)
cheers

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 3:19 pm  

We're only human, sometimes we need a choc top. Well done on not picking too many lollies at the all you can eat lollie bar. I usually end up with $10 worth. At least I used to when I did get out to go to the movies. I don't even get weekend leave now!! hahaha
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 10:50 am  

Having a choc top is almost mandatory at the movies. Though, nine times out of ten I end up dropping some of the choc on me during the movie. Grrr, but at least I'm consistent :S

By Blogger Ails, at 9:20 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

I need some damn support!

Miscellaneous

Weigh In - blerk!

Shoes and Moral Dilemmas

Five Weird Things About Me...

C2S Results

Help!

Sydney and Other Stuff

Weigh In

Exempt List

archives