iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::21.8.06::

Miscellaneous

If I read one more magazine that cites actresses like Liv Tyler and Kate Winslet as being "bigger", I'm going to scream. I think what they really mean is "not corpse-like in their thinness". I mean they are hardly porkers, are they? I'd be pretty damn happy to be as fat as Kate Winslet.

The other day I wore a pair of knickers to work and they felt a bit baggy. I checked the size tag (when I went to the loo, of course. I don't wander around the office checking my knicker tags). They were a size 20-22. Luckily they had good, boingy elastic or they'd have been around my knees. Time to clean out the undie drawer, I think.

This was so cute: the other day I walked to work and a little boy came out his front door with his mum. He started walking beside me, swinging his arms with all his might and I realised he was racing me. So I picked up my pace and he picked up his. We were neck and neck until we got to the corner when I sent him back to his mum. But really I could have whipped his ass, cos he was only three!

I tried on some cute sun dresses yesterday and they were all too small - *sob*. What's with that? I felt like such a lump. Well a couple fitted but they had high waists with gathering and that just makes me look preggers. The others barely fit over my boobs which was weird because normally my problemest area is my belly. My sister reassuringly told me it was the cut of the dresses, not me but I still pouted quite a bit.

Since rejoining Calorie King, I've been worried that I don't eat enough protein. I should be having around 100 grams a day and barely get 50 grams. I hate the idea of supplements so am thinking of ways to get more in my diet. It surprises me how some foods you think of being high in protein aren't - like chocolate, damn it. And yoghurt - a tub of yoghurt (well the Jalna one I have in the fridge at work) has 10 grams of protein. For the same calories, I'm having steak for dinner with 30 grams of protein. For half the calories, I'm having a coffee with the same amount of protein. Maybe I need to drink more flat whites!

I just bought tickets to see The Grates. Is anyone else into them? Great gym music. But bloody Ticketek -- $8 handling fee. What a gyp!

I went to my old gym on the weekend. In one way, it's stupid to pay to go there when I am already paying for my gym membership at Fitness First, but it saves going into the city on the weekend. I did a Pump class for the first time in months. Ouch! I thought it would be okay because I've been doing weights but not so. Still it didn't seem to be as intense as I remember.

Yes it certainly sounds like it is time to toss out your old undies! Great excuse for more shopping too!

Don't worry about the sun dresses. I am sure some of them are made for very unrealistic, non-womanly figures.

By Blogger Suzy, at 11:31 am  

There's something quite cathartic about cleaning out your old big underwear drawer, you should do it stat!

I totally agree with what you say about the magazines - we all should be so lucky to have a bod like Kate and Liv! I certainly wouldn't be complaining!!

Awww, your 'race' with the 3yo was adorable! You would have totally whipped his arse!

By Blogger Ails, at 12:22 pm  

How hilarious that you are walking around in size 20-22 knickers. My sis does that also. (She is a size 14 but for some reason also loves her nana knickers).

I'm with u on the Grates. I love the girl out front and it's good to see they are getting some success.

By Blogger Cinders, at 12:28 pm  

That elastic must have been VERY boingy if they were size 20-22 undies and they stayed on your skinny butt!! Don't worry about the dresses, you know they don't make dresses to fit normal women - just those skinny arsed actresses like Kate Winslet! haha
Hope you're having a great week!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 6:25 pm  

"not corpse-like in their thinness"... that is a genius line *g*

you should go on an Undie Spree and get some foxy new ones! or wait til target or k-mart has 20% off all undies if you're a tightwad like me ... do they still do those 20% off weeks? those were the days, my friend!!

oh! good sneaky source of protein is to check some bread labels, i found this really grainy linseedy one that has like 10g protein, I coulda whooped for joy. i dunno if they sell bags of frozen edamame in oz, they are also a good protein boost, not to mention addictive like crack.

hope you have a good week over there!

By Blogger Shauna, at 6:45 pm  

Yes it is time to clean out your nicker draw. You in a size 20-22 now that is funny.
I agree don't worry about the dresses you tried on, the cut of them is really weird this year.
Have a great week.

By Blogger Mel., at 9:14 pm  

Do you have H&M in Oz? I've found their dresses to be well-cut and flattering, with a good range of different styles - though their sizing varies an awful lot. I haven't found this to be too bad with dresses but I have other clothes from there in a whole range of sizes.

By Blogger K, at 1:44 am  

Liv Tyler and Kate Winslet are amongst the most beautiful of them all. I am so sick of seeing Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton everywhere. If I wanted a body like that, I'd be a teenager again and I much prefer being a woman.

Sometimes it sucks going shopping and I don't think it matters what size you are. I definitely have my frumpy days and I now know to stay home on those days or leave early.

Ahh, I'll be signing up to Calorie King soon. I like playing with new things :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 10:59 am  

Liv Tyler and Kate Winslet are amongst the most beautiful of them all. I am so sick of seeing Nicole Ritchie and Paris Hilton everywhere. If I wanted a body like that, I'd be a teenager again and I much prefer being a woman.

Sometimes it sucks going shopping and I don't think it matters what size you are. I definitely have my frumpy days and I now know to stay home on those days or leave early.

Ahh, I'll be signing up to Calorie King soon. I like playing with new things :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 11:00 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In - blerk!

Shoes and Moral Dilemmas

Five Weird Things About Me...

C2S Results

Help!

Sydney and Other Stuff

Weigh In

Exempt List

Sydney

Sunshine and Sore Legs

archives