iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::7.8.06::

Sunshine and Sore Legs

Wow it was amazingly sunny today. I love this unseasonable weather but feel kind of wrong about it too since I suspect it's something to do with global warming. Sort like when you admit the pretty rainbow on the surface of water then realise it's created by an oil slick. I strongly suspect we're headed for a very hot summer, like they are experiencing in that other hemisphere at the moment.

Since I did the fun run yesterday, I missed out on my long run so I ditched work early to run today instead. I'd planned that before the temperature hit a balmy 17 degrees but the sun made it all the sweeter. I headed out in just a tee shirt and running tights (btw the K-Mart tights are highly recommended) not sure of how far I'd run. I had a few options but thought running along the Merri Creek sounded great. Instead of my normal creek trail run, I head in the other direction - it's about 4km to the Collingwood Children's Farm from here (8km round trip) so that sounded good.

I had the best run. I felt like my legs were floating above the ground. I got to the CCF and kept going for another k then turned around. On the way back, I realised there was a 2.2 km detour to the Studley Park boathouse and since I felt so fine, I headed down that track. Then my fuzzy brain did the maths - 2.2 kms = 4.4 km round trip! Yikes. It wasn't so much the distance that worried but the light. I don't like running along these bushy trails in the dark esp on my own. I did 1.2 km then turned around, figuring I can go the full distance another time.

It got dark so quick - not to mention cold! I got to Heidelberg Rd and decided I didn't want to run the rest of the way on the trail. There are some dodgy spots along there - really pretty during the day and wonderfully shady in the heat, but dead scary after dark I imagine. Maybe I should have kept going. With my over-active imagination, I'd have made it home in record time!

Instead I detoured down Heidelberg Rd, problem was - I didn't really know where I was going. I've driven that way before but not done it on foot and when I got nearer to home, realised I was literally on the wrong side of the tracks. I had to zoom down to Clifton Hill station then back around. By then, I'd dropped back to a walk and my arms had lost all feeling in the cold. I had to go through the station underpass and all the commuters getting off the train were like - look at the crazy chick in the tee-shirt!

I figured I ended up doing about 13 km all up with no walking breaks until the end. That gives me confidence for Sunday. And hey, I checked the long range weather for Sydney - 21 degrees for Sunday. Gotta love that. Hey, does that mean it will be 21 mostly all day - not just bursts of 21 in amongst the other weather? I'm not used to consistency in weather.

Oh yeah, a funny thing happened on my run. A guy (who looked like a red-headed Jack Black) ran past me with a labrador. I was checking out his dog then looked up and realised he was checking out my puppies!!!! Although they aren't labradors, that's for sure. More like sausage dogs. I didn't think until later - I should have called out "you should see them when I'm not wearing a sports bra."

Great job on the run! I haven't quite gotten up to running yet - and it's funny you mentioned global warming, several of my friends have mentioned the weather just gets more and more "off" because of global warming. It makes me worried about what it'll be like for my grandchildren!

By Blogger Michelle, at 2:27 am  

wow, you are clocking up the k's! roll on sunday!

i am cacking myself at that last line.. classic :)

By Blogger Shauna, at 4:37 am  

Wow, what an amazing run. You should have no trouble at all on Sunday - unless it's too hot!

By Blogger Sue, at 6:16 am  

Ha ha ha ha ha - you have cracked me up this morning. You are hilarious. Well done on your run, you're still a machine!!! Can't wait for next weekend. I had a little scare yesterday and thought I might not be able to make it, but it's all good now, phew!!
See you next weekend!! Have a great week.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 7:53 am  

I am glad you had a great run.

By Blogger Askazombiehousewife, at 9:12 am  

awesome work on the run Hun!!! I know what you mean with the sunny days here in Canberra it's like that too - really nice and BAM cold by afternoon, summer is going to be interesting.

I laughed so much @ the sauage dogs haha looks like the k-mart bargins are more then good running appreal ;D

By Blogger Dee, at 10:30 am  

LOL at the sausage dogs. You are hilarious :D

Looks like a good day on Sunday. I have been keeping a close eye on it and am happy to report still showing that it will be sunny. That means it will be about 12-15 degrees when we start (9.30am) and then quickly up to 21. Perfect for walking /running.

And I bet the commuters were actually thinking "damn wish I could already be out running instead of having to be stuck in this train!" :D

Keep it going Kathryn, you are going so well :D

By Blogger Margaret, at 2:42 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Queen of the Lake

Weigh In - 71.8 kg

Happy Things

Stuff In My Head

Another Decision

Decisions

Weigh In - 71.8 kgs

Cupcakes

Party Time!

WTF

archives