iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.8.06::

Queen of the Lake

I ran in the Queen of the Lake fun run this morning, heading over there with Deege. To be honest, it was the last thing I felt like doing - I went to the wrestling last night then had coffee and sat up chatting with my friend Dave until after 1.00 am. Wrestling is tops - it was a fine night of sports entertainment. As we walked in, Dave goes hey there's Geoffry Rush being refreshments. I thought he was joking but nope, it was him. I didn't think until later - that dude knows Johnny Depp! OMG *girlie squeal*.

So anyway, the fun run - I did the 5 km in around 30.40 minutes which is faster than I expected to go. I did the Christmas fun run at Albert Park last year and my time was 40.43 so I knocked 10 minutes off it. Woohoo!

The first km felt like hell and a squillion people passed me. I had a fair bit of tightness in my glutes and lower back. Then I got into the rhythm of it and by the 3.5 km mark a lot of those people who passed me had run out of steam so I kicked their butts. I got to the last 500 metres or so and could see the finish line and sprinted for it. I crossed feeling like my lungs were going to explode.

Deege crossed the finish line not long after me. Considering she's only got back into running recently, she's a powerhouse. Soon she'll be kicking my butt.

After the run, I got my showbag (I'd picked up my very spunky and very free Lorna Jane tee before I ran and I'm wearing it now. I normally don't like tees with sports logos but this one is rather cute) then I queued for a massage. The massage girl wanted me to take off my running tights before she rubbed but, considering how public the massage area was, I made the extreme sacrifice and saved the world from a view of me in my knickers.

I think I could have handled doing the 10 km instead of 5 today but it's probably best I save something up for next Sunday. Next on the fun run calendar is the Spring Into Shape series. I have my times from last year and I'm going to kick my own butt!

In my goodie bag after the race, I scored a fitball pregnancy workout video - if anyone wants it, leave me a msg and it's yours!

Crikey, 30.40minutes isn't bad for someone who didn't feel like running!!
I was just behind you Kathryn but lost you in my last walk break, then I couldn't find you at all to say hello :(.
You sure you don't need that pregnancy video:). I scored a fitball video and I know I will never use that either!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:25 pm  

Well done Kathryn. That is a fantastic time.
Have a great week.

By Blogger Cinders, at 6:26 pm  

Congratulations!! I am so envious of you... I was going to enter City to Surf this year and jog/walk/run my way through it... but what a shame, I'll be in Thailand. :D

By Blogger Kenz, at 7:04 pm  

What were the tights like for running in?
Oh, and good time!

By Blogger Sue, at 10:32 am  

Congrats on the great time for the run!

By Blogger Suzy, at 2:17 pm  

Hi there!!

Congrats on the fun run, your time was excellent!!

Sounds like an amazing acheivement!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:20 pm  

I looked for you at the run. Obviously you were too fast for me. Seee you Sat.

By Blogger michelle, at 4:41 pm  

Kathryn, I think I have a long way to go before I kick anyone's butt (including my own). You did great though. You are well on track to a great day on Sunday.

By Blogger Ruune, at 8:33 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In - 71.8 kg

Happy Things

Stuff In My Head

Another Decision

Decisions

Weigh In - 71.8 kgs

Cupcakes

Party Time!

WTF

Warning!

archives