iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::30.7.06::

Weigh In - 71.8 kgs

I actually weighed myself yesterday but didn't get a chance to update. Arrrggh! I've been eating far too much. I don't know what it is but I'm in love with food at the moment. Even when I'm not eating, I'm ogling fattening foods at the supermarket or on cafe menus.

One of my problems is that I start havng treats but then I do it so often it becomes a habit so then I have that and more treats on top. I started having an ocassional mini muffin at the coffee shop near work and now i have a mini muffin every day. I've got to cut all that out.

The other thing I'm cutting out is BAD food. I know some people say there is no bad food - just everyday food and treat food, but seriously some food is just plain bad - not because of the calories but there is no reason for eating it other than it's there. The other night, my sister and I went out for coffee and the cafe had the most fab looking cupcakes. How could we resist? But when I started eating mine, it was stale and not at all enjoyable. Still I ate the whole damn thing. What I *should* have done was send it back. Why the hell should I pay for (and eat) something that is substandard? That's what I'm going to do next time.

Yesterday I did a 14 km run. Well I ran a lot of it, probably walked about a third. Every single step was an effort and I had to push myself but I'm glad I did it. I was very sore last night but instead of staying home and resting, I went out to see some bands.

Sub standard food is SO not worth it. I would rather have small and divine than plentiful and sub standard.
Well done on pushing yourself for 14 kms - you're still a machine!!
Have a great week.
Bri

Word verification: buturr (haha)!!

By Blogger Briony, at 1:02 pm  

ye god! I know what you mean with the cupcakes... them and those cream cookies are really messing me up.

I'm with you on the cutting out the crap, I'm starting tommorrow!

I can't believe you're getting sick again ;( that SO sucks... it really does and I hope you get better soon. REST it up Hun.

(but wow@ 14kms heh seriously I am always totally in awe of you)

By Blogger Dee, at 7:41 pm  

Congratulations on getting through 14km. What a great effort. You'll soon be telling everyone about the 1/2 marathon you did on the weekend!!

And I so hear you on the food thing!!

By Blogger Jaykay, at 8:33 pm  

I got that way with the red licorice and macadamia and choc cookies lately...every day. Stop it! I have to too :-P

By Blogger Mary, at 9:10 am  

Substanard food is so not worth it and you are worth the good stuff!!

I had the same thing happen with a caramel slice on the weekend but after I ate it I promised never again I am worth the good stuff!!

By Blogger Bex, at 11:48 am  

Love the new look!! So professional, did you suss it yourself? Sorry haven't commented for ages, do drop in but find it hard to get thoughts out of my head at the moment.

By Blogger Jules, at 8:27 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Cupcakes

Party Time!

WTF

Warning!

Gorgeous

Weigh In 71.5 kg

The Sweetest Words...

Kathryn's Guide To Eating Apples

Run Baby Run

...and the not so good...

archives