iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::22.7.06::

Weigh In 71.5 kg

Yeah, I'm up again this week. I'm not too fussed about it because I had poo issues again this morning. Also I've been back to the gym this week and it always takes at least a week for cardio to show up on the scales for me.

Andrew came over to watch the football with my sister the other day and so I went into spend some quality time with him (okay, I went in to scab his chocolatey football treats). We were talking about something, I can't remember what, and he said if I'd be the type of footy coach who, if my team were on a winning streak, I'd change the lineup just for the sake of it. And it's true. That's what I did.

Before I would average 1,500 calories a day and I'd do around 500 calories worth of cardio a day. Doing that, I averaged around a 1 kg loss a week. Then I read stuff about as you get closer to goal, the less you should eat. So I cut back on my daily calories.

Suddenly everything became a stress: I'd debate over my morning coffee or a piece of fruit. I couldn't eat the food I needed because I didn't have the calories. I felt like I could *never* have any kind of treat. So, in the end, I'd think stuff this, and threw the plan out the window.
I haven't counted calories or tracked my food in weeks.

I'm going to be at goal before I go to Sydney. That's 3 weeks to lose 1.5 kgs. I know I can do that. I'm going back to the winning formula.

Its always a good thing to go back to the basics that you know work for you. Especially when the scales get a bit stubborn!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 9:45 am  

Good girl! Back to basics.... You WILL do this!!

By Blogger Ang, at 11:32 am  

back to basics sounds like the key! hav a great wknd!

By Blogger Kt, at 1:13 pm  

You've got a good level head about your weigh in and I think that's a great way to be about this. I hear you about the winning formula and I am going back to counting and doing things the way I did when my losses were big too! You'll definitely be at goal with that attitude babe :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 6:21 pm  

Back to bascis is the best weigh to go - it obviously worked before!!

You will do it easily:)

By Blogger Leighanne, at 9:21 pm  

Wow, haven't checked in on you for ages...you are doing really well!! Good for you.

By Blogger Lisa C, at 10:28 am  

What ever works huh?

Soooooo close to goal Kathryn, that is brilliant!

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 12:34 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

The Sweetest Words...

Kathryn's Guide To Eating Apples

Run Baby Run

...and the not so good...

Gotta Love This...

Is This Reasonable?

Tired

Oops

Weigh In - 70.8 kgs

Oops...

archives