iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::15.7.06::

Oops

I so wanted to go meet up with the other Melbourne bloggers today but it wasn't meant to be it seems. I could lie about my reasons for a no show but I'm not the kind of person to hold back from making myself sound like a doofus.

I got up nice and early this morning, planning on a 9.30 cycle class but I felt like shit so went back to bed. When I woke up again it was 11.45 and I freaked. Then I checked the train timetable - if I caught the 12.13 express into the city, I reckoned I could make it. I rushed through my shower and chucked on some clothes then threw all my stuff into my handbag. As I left the house, I decided to take my ipod and ran back for it. I got to the train station in plenty of time but, when I went to buy my ticket, I realised I'd grabbed my backpack instead of my handbag! I had no money, nothing except my scungy post-gym undies from last night and some supermarket receipts. Arrrgghh!

I could have almost ran home and changed bags and made it back to the train in time except my shoes were sodden from the wet streets plus I had no house keys (they were also in the other bag) so had to get my sister up to answer the door.

To make things worse, my old mobile is now officially cactus so I've changed phones but have no one's mobile number. I decided it was a sign from the universe to stay at home. Damn it. I expect to see lots of lovely photos on everyone's blog and I'll definitely get my shit together for the next meetup.

Shoe Alert

I went to the outlet shop to get my comfy but ugly shoes yesterday. Luckily I ended up with comfy and cute shoes - a pair of black mary janes (called Doris which doesn't sound too groovy). They were $90 with full orthopedic support, perfect for walking to work and other such activities.

When we walked into the shop, they had a table filled with the grooviest shoes - lots of little flats in pinks and greens and reds. We 'oohed' and ahhed' until the lady told us they were samples and only in size 6.

If you live in Melbourne and are a size 6 foot, I highly recommend you get to Walk On Footwear on Queen's Parade. $40 a pair, bargain!

Oh Kathryn, sounds like you were the victim of a comedy of errors (or stuff-ups, really) :)

It would have been great to meet you - next time! It was a fantastic afternoon and I'm sure we'll repeat it soon :)

By Blogger Ails, at 8:02 pm  

Aww sounds like a crappy day hun! No wonder you didn't reply to my sms and my calls wouldn't go through. Will swap details on msn again.

Would have been great to meet you?

By Blogger Jadey, at 8:46 pm  

Sorry should have said meet up with you

By Blogger Jadey, at 8:47 pm  

I agree with the gals! No problems at all. Just know that you were missed, but you havent let us down.

I hope the afternoon turned out well in any case.

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 9:14 pm  

Sounds like one of those mornings. Well, we'll just have to do it all over again. Have a great Sunday.

By Blogger Cinders, at 10:11 pm  

Bummer, I hate those days, but it's definitely the Universe trying to tell you something.
Have a great Sunday.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 9:17 am  

LOL days like these, you just gotta laugh and have a drink :-) Cute shoes! I like Mary Janes (or as they call 'em, Doris).

By Blogger Mary, at 9:36 am  

Those shoe's are ssoooo cute, Kathryn! Thank's for the link, it seem's I also have to start buying shoe's outside of running with full "orthopaedic support".
I swear I am feeling more like a Granny every passing day!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 1:22 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In - 70.8 kgs

Oops...

Feet

Weird Weekend

Brave

No Weigh In

Before and After

Sick Day

Blush

Dress

archives