iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::19.7.06::

Run Baby Run

There's a run I do along the Merri Creek, 2 kms each way. I've never cracked it in under 30 minutes. I'm sure I've done 4kms in under 30 minutes elsewhere (and definitely on the treadmill) but never along this track.

This morning I went out for a run and did the first 2 kms in 15 mins. I turned around and pushed my legs to the limit on the way home, convinced that today would be the day...

32 minutes, damn it all.

I swear, despite signs to the contrary, it's more than 4 km. Also instead of stopping to check the time when i turn around, I should keep running. It all adds up.

Tonight I went to the dietician. I had to tell her what I normally eat and, as I reeled off the bircher muesli for breakfast and the turkey salad rolls for lunch and the stirfries and things for dinner, I had to laugh. It just sounded too perfect. 'I do eat chocolate,' I told her. She thinks chocolate is a fine thing to eat sometimes. So do I.

She did give me some helpful advice: instead of just having an apple as an afternoon snack before the gym, I should eat more - some nuts or fruit toast or a yoghurt; I do eat enough protein but not enough carbs, and while she didn't believe I eat 4 kgs of apples a week, she did say to get more variety in my fruits.

She gave me a booklet on foods to eat for diabetes and I freaked out at half the stuff in it. No way would I eat some ofthose things - far too many calories!

Saint Kathryn of the Angelic Foodstuffs, I kneel before thee.

I bet she loved you! Sorry - I have to end this comment here as your Halo is blinding me.

By Blogger Lainey, at 12:56 am  

4kg of apples a week is ridiculous! LOL. I wouldn't eat that many in a year. Actually maybe I would, i'm eating 3 or 4 a week now, so .... hmmm. But then you know how I feel about apples!! hehe
Have a great day.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 7:49 am  

what's the saying? "she'll be apples." I'm sure you'll crack the 30 minute mark soon. Well done for getting out there in this freezing weather.

By Blogger Cinders, at 9:11 am  

Catchin up on your posts - your flatmates need a reality check - to add to the sayings today I will add "give them an inch and they take a mile". The only way around their behavious is to do what you did and remove everything....your doing great with the running too and the PB will be not in the too distant future 8-)

By Blogger Learning Leaders, at 11:49 am  

Wow - 4kgs of apples a week! I battle to get a lousy one into me a day. I'm impressed!

By Blogger Ails, at 12:46 pm  

Good going with your eating girl, you're a legend!

By Blogger Mary, at 6:16 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

...and the not so good...

Gotta Love This...

Is This Reasonable?

Tired

Oops

Weigh In - 70.8 kgs

Oops...

Feet

Weird Weekend

Brave

archives