iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::20.7.06::

Kathryn's Guide To Eating Apples

Since I'm such an expert at consuming large quantities of apples, I thought I'd share some handy tips:

  1. Only buy Pink Ladies. They are the superior apples by far. I cry if they don't have them at the fruit place.
  2. Grate apple over your breakfast cereal. I started doing this with my bircher muesli and now I do it with all cereals. Yummy.
  3. Take an apple in your bag for morning tea and another one for after the gym.
  4. Cut up apple slices and put some yoghurt into a bowl to use as a dip.
  5. Have a bowl of apples handy and all other snacks not handy. If I have the choice of grabbing an apple from beside or walking to the kitchen to make a snack, no way will I move. I'm far too lazy for that.
  6. If they have apples and other fruit in the cheap sell-out bags at the fruit place, buy up and make stewed fruit for topping your cereal and making easy, peasy desserts.
  7. Eat an apple to stay your stomach while waiting for dinner to cook.

See it's simple to eat 4 kgs of apples a week. The hard bit is carrying them home from the market!


4kgs! Far out! I'm more of a banana lover. Apples don't do it for me really.

By Blogger Ang, at 3:44 pm  

Isn't it funny, I just started eating apples again today!

The local apple place just outside Bendigo (Harcourt) has the most uneblievable UNWAXED apples. I'm not kidding when I say you can taste the difference 10 fold.

Thanks for the tips, I never thought of grating my apple. But I do cut up my fruit in a bowl of yoghurt.

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 6:33 pm  

I hereby christen you Blog Apple Queen - what a great list packed full of sneaky ways to get one's fruit intake up! Love the grating over cereal idea :)

By Blogger Ails, at 7:33 pm  

you are SO on the money. pink ladies rule!

how much does the average apple weigh, anyway? 150 - 200g? If you start adding that up, you could reach 4kg pretty quickly, especially when using them in innovative ways like you do.

(OH apples also rock if you grate one along with a few carrots, shred some cabbage and red onion. makes a great coleslaw with white wine vinegar and lime juice.)

By Blogger Shauna, at 7:41 pm  

I'm into Fuji apples, myself, though the Pink Lady definitely has its place. Thinking of getting some and making a nice crumble, though I would really struggle to get through 4 kilos a week!

By Blogger Sarah, at 7:58 pm  

OK This is like a punishment list for me!!
But thanks .... tee hee
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 10:03 pm  

Mmm, I like the grated apple over cereal idea. I'm more of a Royal Gala fan, myself.

By Blogger Cee, at 7:28 am  

Wow! 4kg's of Apples....that's amazing!

I've just found a lovely apple. It's called a Frimgold and to me it's a cross between a Granny Smith and a Golden Delicious.

I have one everyday at work.

I find that some apples make me bloat and make my lips feel funny, almost like the start of a cold sore...weird huh!!

By Blogger Jaykay, at 4:49 pm  

Yum, yum, yum! I'm an apple whore too and love a good apple in season. They're great in a Date & Apple Slice too :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 6:17 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Run Baby Run

...and the not so good...

Gotta Love This...

Is This Reasonable?

Tired

Oops

Weigh In - 70.8 kgs

Oops...

Feet

Weird Weekend

archives