iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::1.9.06::

Crap Products and Fat Arsed Friday

I thought I'd let you know about a few crap products I've bought lately so you don't make the same stupid mistakes as me.

Firstly microwave rice. I've not eaten rice in ages because who can be stuffed cooking a small serve? Not me, that's for sure. So I saw this microwave rice in the supermarket and it looked too easy. But no... normally I'm the queen of checking labels but, for once, I didn't. I dunno, maybe I was tired and emotional... anyway a few days later, I cooked the microwave rice and the frigging calories - close to 300 per serve. So I decided to have a tiny portion. Then I rechecked the label and the teensy packet contained 2 serves. That's like 600 calories in a small packet of microwave rice! If I'm going to eat 600 calories, it isn't going to be rice - the most boring food known to man. The stuff is chockers full of oil and shit. Take my advice - don't buy it.

Then I got a Weight Watchers Cajun Chicken pizza. Worst. Pizza. Ever. And nearly 500 calories. You know there are a lot less calories in 2 slices of REAL pizza. And real pizza tastes good, not like soggy arse. The ultimate insult is that you can get 2 slices of very good pizza at the market for $2.50 while WW pizza is like $6.

Lastly, this isn't a product but it pisses me off. When I started doing spin classes, we had those bikes with big turny knobs. I liked those - you got to turn the resistance heaps and it felt like you'd achieved something. At my gym now, we have bikes with levers that you push millimetres to up the resistance - grrrr! The worst of it is I've been on a couple of bikes lately where there is a fraction of a millimetre between NO resistance and riding up a cliff face. It's as frustrating as hell because you spend the entire class making microadjustments to the resistence. Does anyone else have this problem? I need to find a good bike and stick to it, I think.

That's my bitch for the day. Dietwise, I'm wavering between 70 - 71 kg at the moment. It's 2 weeks to my birthday and I want to be under 70. For two weeks, I'm going to stop eating shite and - I was going to say do more exercise but I'm doing enough of that. I've been walking to work every morning then either going to the gym or walking home and going for a run every night. It's the food I need to watch - except today. I'm declaring Fridays: Fat Arsed Fridays, and making them a free day. The rest of the week will be good though.

I've discovered Tilda Rizzaz Rice - Basmati with Egg & Peas. 2 mins in the microwave. 250gm (2 serves) is 266 calories and 4.4gm fat. (I've got one in my work 'pantry'). Yummo and at $2.99 you can't go wrong. I think it works out to 5 WW points. You get them in the stupidmarket in the rice section (where else?) and they are in pouches.
Enjoy your weekend.

By Blogger Cinders, at 3:16 pm  

You can make a nuch of rice and then put 1/4th cup servings in each bag. It comes to 1 point per serving and you put the bag into warm water. I am not sure if the bags boil or not.


WW pizza is a little more here but so is regular pizza. You could get a pita and put cheese and sauce on it and nuke it.

By Blogger Askazombiehousewife, at 3:59 pm  

OK get yourself a mirowave safe deep container - put in your serve of real rice (basmati rocks) add water to cover rice. Microwave about 14 mins - Done

Add to it what you please.

The healthy choice pizzas are nice. But i still keep them for free day food.

By Blogger Jadey, at 4:56 pm  

I think it really boils down to - pretty much all pre-prepared packaged food is shite! There are some exceptions, but as you say, careful label reading is required.
Have a great weekend.

By Blogger Sue, at 4:32 am  

Everybody needs a fat arsed Friday now and again!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 1:53 pm  

Fat Assed Fridays sound good. I have my free days on Saturday but it seems to have extended to Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I better reign it in. You're a Virgo too!

By Blogger Mary, at 7:07 pm  

Thanks for the word-up on the products. Rice is one of those sucky things, I love eating it but when I cook some I end up eating it over the next few days and by the second night I'm over it. Fat arsed Friday is a great idea!

By Blogger Ails, at 1:46 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Life

Lunch

What Rocks?

So Tired...

Fishy Business

Oops!

Jeans and Things

Shrinking Eyes

I need some damn support!

Miscellaneous

archives