iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::2.3.07::

Days

I've been feeling pretty down this week, in case you hadn't noticed. Mostly about money. Things are pretty close to the wire here. I had enough money in the bank to tide me over until next week but totally forgot I had insurance coming out of my account. Arrrghhh! I've gotten some money for clothes I sold on ebay and swore I'd not touch it because I need to buy running shoes, but I think I'm going to have use some to buy milk and other necessities. Not good.

I suspended my gym membership this week and that cost $30, but better to do that than keep paying. I'm also expecting a few cheques for work I've done but they are very slow in coming.

I dunno, I feel like every time I start getting ahead, something comes up and I'm further behind. I've had a few job leads but it takes so long.

Oh and to top it all off, our landlords came around the other day. Our rent includes all our bills - electricity, gas etc - and they reckon because our power bills are so high, they are going to make us start paying them or else put our rent up $40 a week. Our power bills are huge but we live in a very old, very uninsulated house. Not to mention that legally, they can't do that. You can't put someone's rent up that much. If they go ahead with it, I'll be taking them to court. I really don't know how people can be so horrible. They give slumlords a bad name.

So anyway, I've been pretty down, these things wear away at you like a dripping tap. At least I've not been drowning my feelings in food. Mostly because I can't afford to.

Well there....you just found a positive. No food to eat = no weight gain. :-D

Seriously, things will improve - you just have to ride out the bumpy bits. There have to be prosperous times ahead!

By Blogger Kek, at 12:29 pm  

$40 a week extra?? That's a hella lot of electricity!!! If you have to pay your own electricity now, then not only should the rent not go up, but it should actually drop some if they no longer have that expense?
Bastards!
Big hugs for you my dear.

By Blogger Lisa C, at 4:03 pm  

Sorry to hear things have been tough this week. Real estate hassles are the last thing you need on top of that!!

Why don't you explain to them whythe bills are so high and ask them to provide insulation so you don't need to use as much power? That should work out cheaper for them in the long run.

By Blogger yublocka, at 4:43 pm  

Life is full of shitty patches, chin up mate, I am sure sometime soon things will take a turn for the better. Just think of how to get yourself invited out to dinner at every opportunity, that will save on the bucks, and you will be having a lovely social time!

By Blogger Chris H, at 5:57 pm  

good lord i would be down too, don't blame you at all there :(

By Blogger Shauna, at 9:48 pm  

The best thing about bad pacthes are the good times that follow...

I picke dup my copy of WH&F this morning and took it to playgroup with me and the kids this morning.. flicking though came accross your article (Great article btw)... here I am to the other mothers "I 'know' the author of this article.. " amazing how wide your circle of friends are with the world of blogs!
Hope you have a great weekend and some $ come your way!

By Blogger Yummy Mummy, at 10:12 pm  

How does such scum get away with treating people like this? It's so not fair. Take him straight to the rental tribunal - and if he passes go don't let him collect the $40!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 7:47 am  

Oh hon, money is the root of all evil right? Something like that. I hope your situation picks up soon. I know how suffocating it can be when you're skint. I seriously reckon you need to move too when you can afford it. You need to surround yourself with good stuff, good people and not worry about fuckers like your dodgy landlord. Good luck!

Hey...The Comedy Channel (Foxtel) is moving down to Melbourne. They need loads of staff! Check out your local ads.

By Blogger Mary, at 3:56 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Tips and Chuckles...

Happier

Weigh In 77.1 kg

Ebay

Bad and Good

Working Man

Tuesday

Weigh In 76.8 kg

Hot

Valentines Day

archives