iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::11.3.07::

Running... yet again

This morning my friend, Simon, and I headed over to Coburg for a fun run put on by the Coburg Harriers. We got there and everyone looked intimidatingly fit but we did a few laps around the athletic track to warm up and tried not to look too daggy.

Everyone started very fast and I got caught up in so was out of oomph by the first km (we were doing the 6 km run). I slowed down and kept going. I kept telling myself I could jog as slow as I liked but I couldn't walk. I figured it's easy to move from a slower jog to a faster jog than from a walk to a run.

Coming back for the last 3 kms, I felt better and speeded up. I wanted to do under 40 mins and did it in just over 36 so felt pretty good. Since I've never done a 6 km run before, it was a PB :) but also comparing my pace per km with other runs, it was my faster run so I'm well happy. Simon also did a great time - the fastest he's ran since he was 17.

I've decided my strategy for the Run for the Kids is to give myself a 5 minute walk allowance. That way I'll not feel pressured to have to run the whole way, but I know I won't want to use it up too soon so I'll push myself.

Tomorrow is run training again then Tuesday is my day off. I think I'll go to Go Go Dancing again because it will be a great way to loosen everything up.

Kathryn, well done on the 6km run, sounds like a good one! BTW, I read your article in WH&F yesterday, good work!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 pm  

Great time for a 6km run, well done :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 pm  

Well done with achieving a PB with the 6km run!

By Blogger Mary, at 1:58 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Running (Again)

Friday!

New Shoes

Running

Good and Bad

Happy Day

Weigh In - 76.3 kg

Done

Ripper

Garage Sale Update

archives