iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::24.3.07::

Thoughts

Is there some legal defense you can use when killing your housemates? Like say if they are drunken yobs who come home EVERY night around 2 am and wake you up so that you get to the point where you can't fall asleep before 2 am any more? Say if they walk down the hallway ogre-like shaking the house on it's foundations?

And why is it that our water pipes make the most godawful racket whenever you use the washing machine except this morning at 7 am before I went running when I really wanted them too? The housemate's bedroom is next to the laundry and I figure if he doesn't care about waking people, neither do I.

The training run went well this morning despite the interrupted sleep. I think the drunken yob housemate bought a girl home last night. I didn't see her, thank god, cos I'd hate to imagine the kind of desperate skank who'd sleep with him. He lacks any redeeming qualities.

I'm feeling quietly confident about the run next weekend. I've put in a lot of hard work over the past few weeks and I feel good about it.

A few weeks ago I posted about how I hadn't been progressing with my running but, when I get honest with myself, I hadn't been trying very hard. I thought because I went running a few times a week, I should be getting better at it but in reality I'd gotten slack. I'd go out and do an easy 5 km around the block and that would be it. I started taking walk breaks, thinking I'd build on my distance but then I took more and more breaks and did less running. It's not enough just to put in the time - you've got to put in the effort too.

The past few weeks have been good. I've really gotten much stronger. All up, I'm happy with myself.

In the absence of a legal defense, if your running keeps improving you'll be able to outrun the police when they come to arrest you!

By Blogger Kathy, at 10:07 pm  

I'm sure that being drunken yobs counts as extreme provocation and no judge could possibly convict you.

Ugh, housemates who bring home stray people - been there before!

By Blogger Kek, at 11:45 am  

NO NO NO !!! You cannot kill them mate, keep them alive and torture them instead, much more gratifying! It will burn up calories just thinking of ways to make their lives miserable..... get thinking. ha ha ha

By Blogger Chris H, at 3:40 pm  

I am sure all your hard work will pay off at R4K :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 pm  

It's so cool that you getting honest with your training. I know what you mean and it's easy to get comfortable and then 3 weeks later you realise, WTF. You're a real inspiration with all the running you do :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 7:24 pm  

An easy 5kms! I didn't know there was such a thing.

Maybe you could booby trap the house so that at 2am he falls over random objects like skateboards for instance.

By Blogger Debstar, at 7:26 pm  

Oh I don't think there would be a jury to convict you if you killed them ;).

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Massage

Awful Run

Run

Weird Morning

Happy Buffy Day

Weigh In - 75.3 kgs

Daylesford

Things

Interviews and Running

Other things

archives