iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::24.6.07::

Naked at Work

I went for a run in my lunch hour at work on Friday. I've never run at lunch time before and it felt weird showering afterwards. I kept thinking OMG, I'm naked at work! Even though we only did a short run, my new shoes rubbed on the back of my foot enough for me to bleeding when I got back! Not good. Hopefully I can sort that would somehow.

Next week I'm thinking of knocking off early because Simon has Friday arvos off work and we can do our long run then - or tackle Mt Dandenong for a shorter, hillier run.

I had a massage on Friday night, very needed. Seems my calves were full of knots.

Yesterday morning, I felt pretty battered from the sore foot and the massage. We'd planned a long run around the Tan and Albert Park lake but I decided to just try the Tan first so if I felt too crap I'd not be far from the car.

The first lap ended up warm us up nicely and I felt no pain (thank you, Elastoplaster) so we headed down to the lake and got in our whole 14 km including 2 runs up Anderson St (without stopping - go me) and a race up one of the hills on the other side. The whole 14 kms felt pretty effortless and has got me feeling more confident about getting my goal time for the City to Surf.

When I got home, I found out I'd done something stupid. Jadey called me about the blogger meetup but I'd somehow thought it was in July - I think I'd got confused with the Ausrun meet - and had double booked myself. It seems I always miss the blogger meets. Next time I'm going to write it in my diary and make sure I get there even if it means crawling on my hands and knees. I'm sure it was a fantastic night.

Instead I went to Can't Stop the Serenity, which was pretty awesome - a screening of the movie Serenity to raise money for Equality Now. They had these all over the world and I've never been to a fan event before so it was heaps of fun. To complete the geekiness, we popped into Minotaur beforehand and got the first 4 editions of the Buffy comic.

Well, with a post title like that you're bound to get our attention! Glad that the 14km runs are feeling effortless! That's a great sign!

By Blogger Andrew(ajh), at 12:20 pm  

I've recently started running at work too. It is a bit weird showering at work but you get used to it pretty quick. To keep up my motivation I built a website to track My Run Times around the TAN. I enjoy keeping a running log and looking back at the distances I have run.

Keep up the good work,
Jeff

By Blogger Jeff Plumb, at 10:20 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Speed

Frustrations

Training Program

Bargains

Quick Update

Committed

Running and stuff

Quick Update

Healed

I'm A Monster!

archives