iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::26.4.06::

Counting

As I said below, I started counting calories again today. It's amazing how it keeps you honest. I've already identified a problem area - that big coffee and chocolate mini muffin I have for morning tea. One hundred calories in a teeny muffin is not so good.

I think tonight I would have assumed that I'd not eaten a lot today and felt comfortable having a treat but now I know I am close to my calorie limit so I resisted. Well I did have a diet mousse but that's much better than what I could have had.

Over the past few days I've been feeling like I'm coming down with a cold or flu - not totally sick but not 100% either. I hate that. Sometimes I'd rather just get the damn bug and be done with it. I was like this last winter too and I'm not sure if it means I'm getting more sickly and picking up things easily or if I'm getting healthier and instead of getting sick, my body is fighting it.

I had doubts about going to the gym tonight but I went and did a huge run with giant hills on the treadmill for half hour then some fast running - I have this weird thing that my "reward" for doing the giant hills (which is a top fat burning workout) is to finish with about 10 minutes of running flat out as fast as I can. Yes, I am insane!

After that I did my upper body workout. I'm getting better at pushups - my PT had me doing them on a bar on the Smith's machine and I'm gradually getting the bar down lower. My goal is to do them on the floor - real, live pushups. I saw a chick doing proper pushups the other day and I was so impressed because most girls don't do them at all. She was even doing one handed ones (show off). I'll do that one day.

My push ups are pathetic. Mark and Jake rolled round on the floor last time I tried to do 'real' ones (supportive souls that they are).

By Blogger Sue, at 6:21 am  

Hope you don't get worse. I did the same thing last night, pushed myself to go to gym. I am envious of you running flat out for 10 minutes though. I have trouble running without stopping. I can do pushups though, but they are hard. I can do them on my toes now but probably don't lower myself as much as I should. You will soon be doing them too.

By Blogger michelle, at 7:23 am  

Yes you are insane!! And I do my pushups either against the wall or using my knees on the floor. One day I will do one correctly :D

Well done for going to the gym anyway. Hope you sweated that nasty bug out.

By Blogger Margaret, at 8:52 am  

We're all bound to pick up some little bug here and there but just hope it doesn't get too bad. Well done on all the running. Sneaky little muffins.

By Blogger Cinders, at 8:55 am  

I can't even do girly push-ups without collapsing! I really need to work on my arm strength ;)

By Blogger Els, at 9:58 am  

lol, i so cant do pushups, i can hardly do the girl ones (properly).
LOL at your reward! yes you are insane! sound like a fit girl though!
hope u r feeling bright eyed & bushy tailed soon!

By Blogger Kt, at 6:50 pm  

LOL my push ups are pathetic too but they do make a difference! You really motivate me to exercise with more intention, thanks :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 8:52 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Floundering

Fun House

Weigh In - 73.8

Chocolate

Stuffed

Soap Operas

Tuesday

Easter Stuff and Running Meme

Photos

Weigh In - 24.5 kg

archives