iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::17.4.06::

Easter Stuff and Running Meme

Andrew and I did the easter thing yesterday, mainly because I wanted to go over and the latest eps of Veronica Mars he'd downloaded and I didn't want to wait. Andrew had tried playing the - I shouldn't buy you anything because you are trying to lose weight - card but I told him I fully expected chocolate from him.

Every year for easter, since I was a kid, I get a humpy dumpty with chocolate beanies. It's my fave easter treat. So I thought that's what Andrew would buy me this year but no, I got a chocolate rabbit. I asked him why he didn't get me the humpty dumpty and he told me he'd planned to but he'd won the rabbit in a skill tester so gave me that instead. I was surely wiping the tear from eye at that sentimental gesture, let me tell you. It was pretty yucky chocolate and tasted kinda stale but I ate it.

***

My weight has been doing weird things - I weighed myself Saturday morning and had dropped another 2 kg, down to 72.5 kg. That freaked me out. I don't like the scales being all wacky on me. I think it was because I'd been drinking on Friday night (a bad, bad move). I didn't even drink that much but I'd had a late lunch and forgot to eat dinner... bad, bad move.

Alcohol always does weird things to my weight. And my blood sugar. Well to my entire body. I'm thinking of quitting again, it's just not healthy with the diabetes. It also wrecks havoc on my moods - I seem to have a huge bout of depression after drinking. Who needs that? My moods have been wacked out enough as it is.

So anyway the scales were back up in the 74s this morning so I have no idea what's happening. I think I'll put the freak loss down to dehydration and skipping meals. As much as I'd like to be in the 72s, it was a relief. I kinda felt like I was disappearing there for a minute.

***
I had the worst run today. I decided to run along the city circle track to Princess Park, do a lap or 2 then home again. That works out to be 9-12 km (depending on the number of laps). My legs felt a bit heavy, then got heavier then really started aching. By the time I was finishing my lap of the park, I was in agony and thought I'd pulled a hamstring. I had to limp home and, since I'd expected to be all hot and sweaty from my run, I hadn't taken a jacket. I froze in just my tshirt. Seriously, I had trouble putting my key in the lock because my hands were so cold.

It was so nice to get into the shower and warm up. I gave my legs a good massage and they are fine now so I don't know what was going on with them. Damn legs.

***

I'm knicking this running meme from Jaykay:

1. What time of day do you run?

During the week, after work at the gym. On the weekend, when I get up and motivated (so usually after lunch).

2. What are your favourite runs?

Definitely not on the treadmill, but it's easy. Maybe Albert Park - can't wait to get my car fixed so I can go places to run instead of the gym and around home.

3. What is your favorite song(s) to run to?

Rosalita - Bruce Springsteen
Get Your Hands Off My Woman - The Darkness
(He'll Never Be An) Old Man River - TISM
Defecate On My Face - TISM
She Riff - Magic Dirt
Bow River - Cold Chisel
Paco Doesn't Love Me - The Spazzys
Jailbreak - ACDC
Gone Away - The Offspring (and yes, I do feel embarassed admitting that)
Just Ace - Grinspoon

4. What book are you reading at the moment?

None

5. When did you start running?

The end of last year.

6. What's your post-race/post-run ritual?

None, unless I'm at a fun run with sausages. I love sausages.

7. What do you eat before you run?

Nothing special.

8. What's your favorite running accessory?

My ipod.

9. What's your motivation for running?

To get fast enough to steal things and run away. Especially when people are barbecuing sausages. I had planned to run really fast so I could steal an ipod off a fat kid but now I have my own so I'm thinking of targetting one of those rich private school kids who have laptops in their school bags.

10. What are your running shoes?

New Balance 766 (I think). I need to buy new ones soon cos my sharp toe nails are starting to tear through the mesh on the top.

11. What is your next running goal?

To run 5 km in under 30 minutes.

lol @ Andrew - so sentimental huh ;)
i didnt get anything! though there were always little eggs around so at least i got to eat a few, even if they were not "mine"!
running meme is great, its nice to know what motivates people ;)
hope u had a nice break!

By Blogger Kt, at 11:57 am  

Oh, boys!!

The running meme was great reading - it's amazing to think of yourself as a runner now, isn't it? I know for me that fact is still sinking in.

Go and get yourself a Humpty Dumpty egg I say, if you can find one! They should be cheaper now anyway, heh heh!!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 12:16 am  

Hope that your legs are OK after that strange experience with them. Maybe it was just too cold?

Take care.

By Blogger Suzy, at 12:44 pm  

Alcohol does strange things to me too so I reserve it for nice dinners or weekends but you can sure lose some serious amounts of weight if you drink for an entire weekend! Definitely not promoting that in any way. Thanks for sharing the running meme :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 3:35 pm  

There's half price Easter Eggs everywhere now so I reckon you should buy yourself a Humpty Dumpty! I'm the same, except it's Creme Eggs with me, and this year I didn't receive one, so yesterday afternoon I bought one and enjoyed all it's chocolatey gooeyness.

Booze does weird things to my weight as well, although it doesn't really affect my mood(unless I have a stinking hangover). I'm laying off it for a while as a pseudo-detox (not cutting out anything else) and see how I feel in a couple of weeks.

By Blogger Sarah, at 9:33 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Photos

Weigh In - 24.5 kg

Down

Star

Monday

I Did It!

PS.

At my age...

Weigh in - 76.6 kg

Pants Rock!

archives