iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::14.4.06::

Weigh In - 24.5 kg

Woohoo - the weight is going the right way again. I remember the heady days of 26 March when I weighed in at 74 kg and thought I'd soon be into the 73s. Three weeks later, I'm still not there and I'm not going to jinx things by saying I will be next week.

Something I've been thinking about lately, instead of setting a specific number as my goal , is giving myself a 10 week challenge and giving it my all for those 10 weeks then going onto maintenance at the end.

I'm only 4.5 kgs from the top end of my healthy weight range and in 10 weeks I should lose between 5-10 kgs. I figure this way to my body will find it's own level rather than me imposing a number on myself.

One thing I have to remember, this close to goal, my calorie input should be slightly lower. Not that I've been counting calories lately but for most of my weight loss I've stuck to around 1,500 calories a day. I'm smaller now so I need less calories and have to be more careful with my eating (discovered that the hard way over the past few weeks). I can't get away with too many treats any more.

So for my challenge I want to:
  • eat around 1,400 calories a day 6 days a week, with one day to ease off a little
  • do around 500 calories of cardio 5 days a week
  • run 5 km in under 30 mins
  • increase my strength training - I'm making a list on fridge: legs, arms, belly, legs, arms, belly - and I will check it off as I do the training
  • get adequate sleep.

THese last few kgs are so hard to shift aren't they! I think the 10 week challenge is a great idea. I am positive that by the end you will be at goal! Great planning too! I think the sleep is a BIG thing I have to work on!

By Blogger Angie, at 9:07 pm  

I'm finding this 1kg to goal very pesky to shift!! I did a 10 week challenge from January to April and managed to shift 5.5kg so I was happy with that. Doing something like that just gives you a bit more motivation and challenge, because ironically it's when you're nearing the end that it gets hardest!

Hope you have a wonderful easter :)

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 11:17 pm  

I really like your approach to your 10 week challenge! It certainly takes the focus of a certain 'number' to reach, instead you can concentrate on doing the best that you can! Your list of challenges is definitely something you can do, yay!

I hope you are having a great Easter Kathryn :)

By Blogger Ails, at 7:03 pm  

The 10 week challenge is a really great idea!

By Blogger Mary, at 3:26 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Down

Star

Monday

I Did It!

PS.

At my age...

Weigh in - 76.6 kg

Pants Rock!

Too Cool For School

Advice

archives