iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::19.4.06::

Stuffed

I didn't want to go to the gym tonight but ended up doing a huge workout - running then weights then boxing. Normally boxing is more fun than an intense workout, but not so tonight. Man, are my arms sore. I think they don't want to be part of my body any more.

Afterwards, I was stuffed so was going to grab something in the city for dinner. Nothing looked appealing - Subway was an option but I really don't like their food - so I popped into Coles and got some dried apricots, cashews, an apple and a mini cheese. Ended up having a little picnic while waiting for my train and all for under $3.

Stupidly, I also bought the latest issue of Slimming magazine. I hate it so much when you pay money for a magazine and they have articles that are reprints of stuff they published a couple of years ago. I don't think I'll pay money for that magazine again.

I was looking at the Slimmer of the Year competition. A few years ago, my dream was to win Slimmer of the Year but now I wouldn't enter. Morally, I don't think I could. In order to win, you have to go basically attribute your dieting success to their magazine and screw that shit. They can keep their holiday in a tropical destination and I'll keep my success for myself.

Anyway, I don't need some magazine to make me Slimmer of the Year because I award that to myself. Not saying I'm a better "slimmer" than anyone else - you can award it to yourself too. We can all be Slimmers of the Year, kinda like when Buffy made all the potential slayers into The Chosen Ones or something like that.

Tomorrow I'm having breakfast with my sister. Part of me is pleased to catch up with her and hang out and another (big) part of me is hanging out to see if I'm smaller than her. If so, I win! I'll be the smallest in the family. Woohoo! The smallest and the leader in the family footy tipping.

My housemate is moving out tonight. I've gone from having four housemates to one. It's like living in the Big Brother house except I don't get a nice wad of cash for sticking it out. But then again, I don't have to be humiliated on national television either. Luckily I don't have to cover his share of the rent but I'm really going to miss him... his washing machine especially. First one housemate takes the microwave, now the washing machine. I have no appliances left.

I love your idea of awarding yourself 'Slimmer of the Year' - what a great idea. You are right - the slimmers of the year in the mags really have to align themselves with whoever is doing the promotion.
Sorry to hear you are losing all your appliances - at least it isn't your marbles that are going LOL !!
Have a great day and hope your arms feel better soon.
Me

By Blogger Me, at 8:55 am  

I think you are right on the money awarding yourself Slimmer of the Year. As for the appliances, our grandmothers did without!! (Said from someone whose kettle is fudged and she is hating boiling water in a pot)

By Blogger Jules, at 12:17 pm  

We can all be Slimmers of the Year, kinda like when Buffy made all the potential slayers into The Chosen Ones or something like that.

That made me laugh! Here's to the Slimmer of the Year in all of us! (and to the Buffy fans in some of us...) ;)

By Blogger Zara, at 1:41 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Soap Operas

Tuesday

Easter Stuff and Running Meme

Photos

Weigh In - 24.5 kg

Down

Star

Monday

I Did It!

PS.

archives