iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.5.06::

Saturday

My sister moved into my house just over a week ago and she's starting to drive me insane. I feel invaded and like I don't have my own space any more. Most of the time things are good but then sometimes she just oversteps the line.

I found that she'd been coming into my bedroom while I'm at work and using my computer. I don't want her in my room when I'm out, let alone touching my PC. I've put a password on it now so she can't use it but I shouldn't have to do that.

Just day to day is hard. I feel like I *should* go hang out with her when I get home from work and then the time just stretches on and I get nothing done.

We went out with a friend of mine last night. Tonight, I'm going over to his place. I've been looking forward to it because it's the one night of the week I get to spend without her. But last night she kept dropping hints about wanting to go with us and he asked her if she wanted to come along. She did the whole - I don't want to be in the way - thing, which is so sincere after all her hints to be invited, and he was all - no, no, it'll be fine. But the whole time, I was thinking it won't be fine. I don't want to constantly be doing things with her.

I'm starting to feel smoothered and I don't know what to do. Things might be better next week when she starts work and, after the first three weeks, she'll be working shifts so we won't see each other so much. But that doesn't help at the moment.

That's a hard one. I had a similar problem with a flatmate but I think it's probably easier to tell a non-blood flatmate that you need some air. Try to talk to her though before it does get too hard to. I hope it works out!

By Blogger Mary, at 10:30 am  

i've also had a flatmate who was similar, I suggest you just try to go do some things without her over the next few weeks. then if things don't improve once she's working, you'll need to say something before it gets too much. hopefully she'll understand u need some space.

By Blogger Kt, at 12:43 pm  

just hang in there. :)

By Blogger Ang, at 5:28 pm  

*Ouch* I have the same thing with my sister right now.
It's difficult. I talked to her about some stuff and that helped (a bit).

Hang in there.

By Blogger Moody, at 7:08 pm  

I know how you feel, we have had two of my brothers live with us at different times and you just sometimes want to hang out. Maybe a wee quiet but honest chat about how you are really used to so much space and that, as much as you are loving the company, you still need your alone time. I definitely wish I had approached some of the issues with my brothers in the early stages before they got to the point that we had hard out arguments.

By Blogger Jules, at 11:46 am  

Family - can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em! I agree with Mary - the sooner you tell her you need space, the better. But then I'm also a whimp and would probably just suffer it.

By Blogger Sue, at 5:05 pm  

I would be going nuts too, as I like my personal space. We recently had guests for just over 10 days and it got a bit much towards the end. It didn't help that they weren't the tidiest people either!!

It's probably going to be easier on your sanity in the short term for you to just drop a few hints that even though it's great being able to spend more time together you need a bit of space. If she doesn't get the hints, then maybe you'll need to be a bit more blunt!!

Maybe it won't be too bad once she's working! I hope it works out for you.

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 9:10 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Weigh In - 73.6 kg

Lard

PS.

Boots

Cheese

Weigh In - 74.8

Run

Hair Cut

Counting

Floundering

archives