iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.6.06::

Quotes and Brilliant Ideas

Today I read a couple of quotes (these are from Every Woman Has an Eating Disorder - notes on a Geneen Roth Workshop) that nicely sum up what I tried to say in my post a few days ago:

If the goal of human life really is just to lose weight (or be thinner) and this is why we live our lives, we would not get to the end of our lives and leave our bodies behind.


and
I wasn’t suffering because I was fat; I was fat because I was suffering.

I hate it when someone is more eloquent than I am.

But this is my brilliant idea - how would you like to pig out as much as you want and not put on weight? I think I can make a fortune with this one. All I need to do is invent a time machine so you can go back and enjoy great meals from your past. The beauty is they contain NO calories because you've already eaten them. Pure genius!

Oh yeah, i'll order one of those machines!!!
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 1:41 pm  

HAHA! Me, too!

By Blogger Shaunta, at 3:26 pm  

Oo ooo ooo!! me me me!!! Can i please go back to Greece two years ago where I ate like a PIG and ate about 5 courses of the most delicious greek food ever? *sigh* Those were the days!

By Blogger Kenz, at 10:04 pm  

Oh! Oh! Please put me down as a beta tester for that machine.

I like Geneen Roth a lot. She's doing a long weekend workshop near me in a few months and I'm seriously considering attending. Having said that, boy that second quote is painful because it's so true...

By Blogger BethK, at 10:11 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Eating is not a hobby

Victories and Thoughts

Guess What I'm Wearing?

Weigh In - 72 kgs

My Exercise Motivation Tips...

News

It looks like my holiday will be delayed - I spoke...

Holiday?

Random Thoughts and My Weekend

Party

archives