iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::4.7.06::

LBD

I'm so turning into one of those old ladies like my Nan. You know the type - the ones you are to scared to say "how are ya..." to because you know they'll tell you, for hours and hours.

But tonight I'm feeling rather chipper! I had an awful arvo: I wanted to leave real early, like after lunch but things got dragged out and I finally got away at 4.00 hoping for some nice bed rest but it wasn't to be thanks to those pusculating genitalia heads that run our public transport system. I catch the tram near the museum, just on the outskirts of the city. So I waited and the first tram was packed to the rafters. You couldn't have fit a dust mote on there, let alone me. So I thought no worries, the next one will be better.

Four very sardine-filled trams later, I cracked. I thought of walking into the city and catching the train home then realised if the trains were running, the trams wouldn't be so packed. Normally I'd think nothing of walking home but today, with my battered lungs and my work shoes on, it was the last thing I wanted to do.

After another couple of trams went passed without stopping, I realised things were only going to get worse. It was nearly peak hour. I started walking then clever worked out I could catch the Brunswick St tram. Still a bit of a walk home, but not nearly so far.

As I passed the train station near home, they were putting an announcement over - the trains weren't stopping between Clifton Hill and Jolimont. For those of you without an intimate knowledge of the Epping and Hurstbridge lines, what that means is I could have caught the train home and it would have actually been an express! IF one of those lousy tram drivers had bothered telling us.

I hate public transport.

But this was meant to be about why I'm chipper. See after I got home, I went to my favourite neighbourhood clothing store and picked up my sexy black dress off layby. Woohoo! Pictures to come. And, since I've been eyeing off these cute little cherry tops for the past few weeks, tried one on. They didn't have a 14 so I tried a 12, thinking it would be too small but would fit by spring. But it fits now. And that rocks. I mean it probably would have looked a lot better had I not taken my bra off when I got home from work but I'm prepared to make the leap of faith that bra will only improve matters.

I think the top needs a red pencil skirt though. And some sexy red heels. Oh and there was the most divine 30s style tea dress with roses. That shop is going to be the death of my budget.

Btw, this is the first time I've ever had a LBD. I've had many a black dress before, but at size 24-26, you could hardly call them little!

I think I need to visit this shop, you make it sound divine. Congrats on the sz 12 top. Hope you are feeling better soon.

By Blogger michelle, at 9:36 pm  

I'm with you on the LBD mine have always been BBD too!

I love the style you are into. Ive said it before, it's very Betty Page.

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 11:03 pm  

YAAYYYYYYYYYYY on the size 12 top that fits you now - good for you !
I have never had a LBD - probably because I have nowhere to wear it too !!!! Maybe I should invest in one and then we would have to go somewhere so that I could wear it !
Thank goodness I don't have to rely on public transport - I think I would have lost it a long time before you did.
Take care and have a great week !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 8:30 am  

How exciting to have a LBD - it's been 6 years since I've worn one, so I totally understand how great this is for you! And to fit in a size 12 top is great! You'll have to tell us where this shop is, all the clothes you describe sound wonderful!

By Blogger Ails, at 11:03 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

My Ongoing Saga of Illness

Celebrity Slimdowns

Eating Issues

Ruined?

Arrrrggghhh!

Updates

Weigh In - 70.5 kgs

Adventures in Poo!

The Best Dinner Ever, a PB and Health Issues

Woohoos and Weigh Ins

archives