iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.6.06::

Woohoos and Weigh Ins

My tea towel has been returned. I love speaking up for myself. It works. I think my main problem with speaking my mind most times is not that I won't/can't do it but that I don't know my mind. That makes it hard.

I also spoke up to my hairdresser because my red highlights have completely washed out! She asked me what shampoo I used then said Pantene was the absolute worst! I bet if I'd said Loreal or Garnier or whatever, she'd have said the same. I know reds never last long but it's only been a week. What makes it worse is that I paid extra for a treatment to make them last longer.

Today I registered for the Queen of the Lake fun run. It's the weekend before the City 2 Surf but I figure I'll be running anyway so I might as well do it. This is the first time I've registered for a fun run as a runner not a walker. Even when I've intended running, I've registered as a walker in past fun runs so I don't come dead last. Not this time.

Oh yeah, I have a question (or two):

Have you ever changed your weigh in day? And if so, why?

Do you think it's made a difference to your attitude?

The reason I ask is that lately I've been eating far, far, far too much on the weekends. I've never been a weekend eater before but now it's getting out of hand. I'm thinking if I change my weigh in day from Friday then I won't have that feeling of the weekend being free time. At the moment, free time = Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I thought I'd change to Sunday morning but would like to know I can go out and have dinner or a few drinks on Saturday nights -- I mean you can't be a stick in the mud *all* the time -- so a Saturday morning weigh in would stop the Friday binges, give me Saturday night as free night (which is when I intend doing my long runs so will need a few extra calories) and I want to do a low calorie day on Sundays (which happens to be my exercise rest day).

Sounds good on paper - well, monitor - but I'd like to know how it's worked for other people. Is it one of those mind games that helps you do better or is it just like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic?

Well done on speaking up about your hair. It's by no means nuclear physics, I don't see the need for your hairdresser to make you feel silly or inferior. I hope they're going to redo them or give you a refund. Or you could try DIY with Fudge.

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 10:41 pm  

So glad you got your dishtowel back. Ah - the little things.

I've almost always been a Monday morning weigher and it's been a Monday since Jan 05. However, I did dabble with Saturday morning weigh ins on two occasions and if the truth be known- which it will be, it was quite successful.

It meant that I was restrained on a Friday night and if I had a loss on the Saturday, I was motivated to keep on track for the rest of the weekend but also could indulge a bit more on the Saturday night too.

I would go for it. A change is as good as a holiday....

By the way, on the running - well done! Don't berate yourself for not doing 10k! That's your negative inner voice that just need to shut the fuck up.

By Blogger Lainey, at 10:53 pm  

I've never changed my weigh in day its always been Tuesday. I've thought about it - doing it on a Friday before the weekend so I'd have a low weight, or doing it after the weekend to force me to be good - but you know what? I think weekends are the time when you're allowed to have a couple of naughty lapses with your friends and family... if you change it would it stop you enjoying your weekends as much? If you think it will, is it worth it?

By Blogger Kenz, at 10:53 pm  

good on you for sticking it to those moronic flatmates!

i used to be a monday weigher but found it so depressing. wednesday morning works for me, it's a good compromise. i can get in a few good days before teh weekend, then if the weekend blows i have time to recover before i get on the scales.. hehehe

By Blogger Shauna, at 12:06 am  

Good for you for speaking out! I need to work on that, too. I'm such a pleaser--I hate to upset anyone. It's ridiculous.

About the weigh-in thing--I say weigh-in when you want, and eat what you want even if it's the day before weigh-in...as long as you're hungry and you aren't binging. Even if you have a gain the first Sunday morning, it will even out in the end to a general downward trend :)

By Blogger Shaunta, at 2:00 am  

Congratulations on registering as a runner! You'll have to let us know how it goes. . . .

By Blogger drstaceyny, at 2:13 am  

While you're speaking your mind - I'd be asking for a free re-do from the hairdresser. A week is not right, no matter what product you use.

By Blogger Sue, at 8:20 am  

I weigh in on Mondy morning which suits me because most of the time it does act as a hand brake to stop me over eating on the weekends (not that it always works but at least it's there to try to work !)
I have heard lots of bad reports about Pantene products and how bad they are for your hair so I don't know if she was trying to pull a fast one on you. But it is a shame that you paid more for them to stay in longer and they didn't - maybe you could talk to them about that and get them to do them again maybe at half price or something.
Good luck for the fun run before the C2S !!!
Take care and be good !
Me

By Blogger Me, at 8:22 am  

Well done on registering for the Queen of the Lake - now that you know you can run the distance perhaps you can work on your time?

Hairdresser's and their stupid shampoo philosophies really shit me. They always critisize so you can spend a million bucks on their products. I've been using Pantene for years and the minute I switch to something else I get dandruff (yuck!). I can't believe your hair has already washed out.

By Blogger Cinders, at 8:48 am  

My hairdresser told me the same thing about Pantene but I think she had a point. I switched to a more expensive brand and the state of my hair improved by heaps. I can feel and see the difference so god knows what's in Pantene!

As for weigh ins, yes I've been guilty of changing my weigh-in day around as well. I'm going to change it again when I come back from my blog hiatus as my current day just isn't working for me.

By Blogger Sarah, at 9:46 am  

I weigh in Sunday mornings and have Sunday as my freeday.

I know alot of people who get the weekend binges weigh in on Monday to keep them honest over the weekend.

Changing your weigh in to suit you does work. You just need to figure out what you want from it.

WOOHOO on getting your tea towel back. Where a link to this Queen of the Lake thing? I need to do something one day.

By Blogger Jadey, at 1:52 pm  

hairdressers really do seem to have an issue with pantene! not sure why!
i weigh in mondays coz it makes me a bit better over the wknd
but will change to friday soon as thats when the meeting suits me.

By Blogger Kt, at 4:49 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Quotes and Brilliant Ideas

Eating is not a hobby

Victories and Thoughts

Guess What I'm Wearing?

Weigh In - 72 kgs

My Exercise Motivation Tips...

News

It looks like my holiday will be delayed - I spoke...

Holiday?

Random Thoughts and My Weekend

archives