iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::20.9.06::

It's On!

Ms Briony has challenged me to see who can get to 65 kgs first or maybe I challenged her... Anyway it's on. No more smily face smartie cookies with my morning coffee! Stay tuned for more!

***

"We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?" - Marianne Williamson - from 'A Return to Love'

Have you ever been somewhere, at the gym or walking down the street, and looked in the mirror for your reflection but not recognised yourself? It's happened to me a few times lately, mostly because I'm looking for the fat girl and she aint there.

This morning I walked along, wondering if my top made me look fat and emphasised my belly rolls when I saw my reflection. What hit me was my legs, striding out. It's too easy to zero in on the faults sometimes and not see the good bits.

Which reminds me - I did a body balance class yesterday and the teacher told me to spread my legs further in the moves (she did put it more elegantly) because I have such long legs! Wtf - since when I have I had long legs?

***

Oh yeah, another thing I've been thinking about lately is modesty. I tend to think of myself as a very modest person - I mean modest in the way of not indulging in public nudity, not modest as in hiding my light under a bushell (what the hell is a bushell anyway?).

When I joined the gym, I used to think I was the only chick there that didn't have a really hot body. Every time I used the change rooms, I was surrounded by women who looked like supermodels.

Over time I've realised that isn't the case. It's just that I'm one of the few women without a hot body that doesn't get changed in the shower cubicles.

I don't it. I have no desire to flaunt my body around the place but serious, shower cubicles are damp and small. They would be a hideous place to get changed. You'd feel all icky afterwards, that not-really-dry ickiness you get after you go swimming, and your clothes might fall on the floor and get wet.

Who cares if someone in the change room sees my saggy belly or the pimple on my butt? It's a frigging change room, not a beauty parade.

Hi Kathryn,
Yes, i've been in the situation of not recognising my reflection, but unfortunately it wasn't as nice an experience as yours was. Mine ws more like "check out her butt. I'd DIE if I had a butt like that!".

Thx for sharing yr stories or life AFTER fatdom, they're an inspiration to us who are still crawling along the road.

Hayley

By Blogger Hayley, at 2:23 pm  

Alrighty, the challenge is on and I will be watching! What a great quote too :-)

I find that I still don't recognise myself quite often even after a year at goal. Yes Kathryn, we have lost that bloody weight and are looking mighty fine LOL, whoo hoo!! Go you and your fabulous legs. I've heard a few people comment on your great "pins", as M calls them.

Shared change rooms still haunt me from high school *shudder*.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 pm  

I'm with you on the changerooms. How do people change in the shower cubicles?

By Blogger Cinders, at 2:52 pm  

A woven basket, which became a standard measure of volume - e.g. a bushell of tea. Turned upside down, they would conceal a light.
And, no, I didn't Google it - I'm just a geek.

By Blogger Sue, at 3:20 pm  

I hated the shared change rooms but I learnt to get over them when I realised every other girl in there is thinking the same thing about their own boobs or arses!
The only time I wouldn't strip in front of everyone else was when it was that time of the month, for some reason I just preferred to hide in the cubicle then.

I still freak out when I look at my calves, so I know what you mean! You have great pins!

By Blogger Sarah, at 3:32 pm  

Oh hoh - so it's set in stone now girlfriend!! I so hear you about looking at your reflection and not recognising yourself. That's been happening to me a LOT lately.
Hey maybe if you squeeze that pimple on your butt you'll lose some weight, seriously there's not an ounce of fat on you anymore. I'm thinking about cheating by having a breast reduction. That would definitely get me to goal weight very quickly!! hahaha
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 3:46 pm  

Hi Kathryn!

I visit this blog semi-religiously, but have never commented. Today, though, I have an irrepressable urge to say these two things:

1. Congratulations on beating that medication. That's so frickin' awesome!

2. You always had great legs. I remember running into you at Bar Open a few years ago and seeing you in a shortish skirt with boots, and thinking that you had very long, shapely legs. So there you go!

Oh, and a third thing, before I disappear into the ether: you are an absolute inspiration. I'm about the same weight as you were when you started this project (though quite a bit shorter) and I am amazed by your achievements. Hopefully one day soon I will stop being chickenshit and follow your example. You are the rockingest.

By Blogger hsg, at 11:04 pm  

I have so many memories of dropping my underwear in the wet cubicle after my shower but in my swimming days. Yuk!

Go on you for braving the changeroom, and besides I'm sure your legs are the envy of all those hotties in there anyway!

By Blogger Ails, at 10:47 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Girl Jock

Weekend O' Treats

I'm So Vain!

A Year Later...

Daveriffic!

Arrrggh!

Weigh In - 70.3 kg

Quitting the Gym!

September Challenge

Gripes

archives