iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::6.11.06::

A LIttle Run...

I went for a walk today and managed a tiny little run, the first time since I broke my ribs. Well, if you don't count a short burst of running yesterday and that time when I got my heart rate monitor and couldn't resist. According to the HRM, I spent 5 minutes in "the zone" today. It makes me sob but I'll be getting back up there when I feel better.

According to my scales, I put on 2-2.5 kgs last week. Liar, liar, pants on fire is what I said to them, but the scales don't care. You can cuss them out all you want but they don't change what they say. Who'd have thunk a week of no exercise and bad eating could do that much damage? I'm thinking some of it must be on account of fluid retention and womanly time issues (please, please) because otherwise I'm screwed.

This week is going to be about 100% effort - good eating, plenty of water and back to exercising.

Gotta have these weeks so we appreciate our better weeks even more. Cheers to a better week babe and your fitness will come back raring to go in no time!

PS. I'll be checking out eBay for the HRM, thanks!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 am  

I agree with Mary, gotta have these weeks to appreciate the others, you just don't push yourself too hard ;P!

And I have no doubt you'll get back to where you were at in no time, you're an exercise machine!

Take Care chica (and thanks for the words on my post, they really did hit home with me)

By Blogger Dee, at 11:57 am  

Morning Missus

I'm with you on a 100% effort week. I've got SDA on a post it on my screen at work.

By Blogger Lainey, at 10:52 pm  

Hope you're having a good week Kathryn.

By Blogger Cinders, at 12:01 am  

Ignore the zones babe - They are nothing to you. Just push it as high and hard as possible.

http://www.aminoz.com.au/staying-burning-zone-a-130.html?aPath=23 An Article for you on hearrate

By Blogger Jadey, at 3:39 pm  

If it's any comfort on the scale front, it's *almost* impossible to gain or lose more than 1kg of fat in a week. Anything extra is fluid, or what you ate for dinner that still isn't digested. Or something.

Keep the sugar and processed carbs to a minimum and it'll reverse itself tout suite.

By Blogger Kek, at 4:07 pm  

Wooo, you got a run happnein'. Awesome.
I strained my groin last year, I hear ya on how frustrating it is to recuperate slooooowly.

Sleep deprivation is also another good one for increasing your water retention. Here's hoping you can get some good sleep soon!

Oh and having some more potassium (bananas and dried apricots are good sources.) also helps with the flushing of your system.

oops, that's a whole lotta assvice there, sorry.

Love your blog! Am a recent lurker, slowly making my way through your posts.
Cheers!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Sleep My Pretties!

Growing Up

Changes

I heart my HRM!

Miracle Cure

Ping!

Blahs

PS.

More Oops...

Oops

archives