iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.10.06::

Oops

I went for my run this arvo and fell over (again). Lots of scrapes and grazes but, worst of all, I've damaged my ribs. I felt fine to finish my run but when I got home and tried to bend over, ouch!

When I cough or laugh or breathe deeply it hurts. I figure it's either a fractured rib, bruised ribs or a pulled muscle. I did ring Dr Mum - sure she doesn't have a medical degree but there's no hour long wait either - and she said if I'd broken my rib, I'd have never kept running. I'm not so sure about that, cos I'm hella tough - like when Mad Max had his leg broken, he kept going.

Tomorrow I'm going to the real doctor. I figure they can't do much but leastways they can strap it much better than my bungled job.

The worst bit is I'm worried this will put me out of action, exercise-wise, for a while. I'll talk this over with the doctor and hopefully running will still be okay. I can't see any problem with spin classes but I'm thinking my weights sessions will be restricted to lower body. I can't imagine attempting a one-arm row or crunches at the moment.

As for the bright side -strapping around the ribs really gives me a defined waist and perky boobs :)

Damn, welcome to the injured list. It's not a fun place to be!
In my experience they don't even bother strapping ribs now. I guess you need to follow the same rules as me - if it hurts, don't do it.
Crap.

By Blogger Sue, at 5:16 am  

Just like you to find a positive side! Hope yr feeling better soon..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 am  

Oh dear. I cant believe it. You poor sausage/Mad Max.

By Blogger The Candid Bandit, at 12:13 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man!

Balls

Sick

Busy

Watching, Reading, Doing

My Bad!

Photo of Doom

Spinning

Temptations

Monday Morning Motivation

archives