iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::21.10.06::

Busy

I spent most of yesterday running around. I had a few things to do in the morning and thought I'd have no time to go to the market but managed to run in and get my shopping done in 10 minutes. Woohoo!

Our beautifying appointments were at 11.00 so we got ready, grabbed a takeaway coffee and caught the train in. Got to the place I thought it was but they said they only did hair and the beauty stuff was around the corner. We went around the corner but couldn't find a beauty school so had to go back to the hair place and get better directions. Turned out it was around the corner and up a block!

So we got to the second place but they didn't have us booked in - her exact words were - 'we aint got no appointment for you.' I'm glad they didn't because on top of her appalling grammar, the place looked a bit scummy. She told us there was another beauty school and gave directions.

Finally we got to the right place and it looked lovely. The people were great too. I got my eyebrows waxed then manicured and pedicured. They'd told me to wear open toed shoes so I'd put on a dress and sandals because the weather was fine when I left home. I decided to go look around the shops while my sister got finished off and it was freezing. I felt like crying from the pain of it. I couldn't wait to get home and put on my nice warm trackies.

My nails look great but they have dints in them. I don't think I've ever had perfectly smooth nail polish ever. How do people do it? I can leave my nails drying forever but as soon as I touch something, it gets marked.

We are definitely going back - they have all kinds of lush spa treatments and I want to try that out.

Later I went for a run with my friend. I made him go to the gym with me and run on the treadmill because I still hadn't thawed out. We got bored so we upped the pace every 5 minutes then every 2 minutes. Again I got indigestion. I think it happens when I eat fatty food then run (I'd got a potato cake at the train station - bad me). Never again.

Then we headed out for our free dinner (see post below). It rocked. Definitely one of the best meals I've had in ages. I get a bit worried about using freebie vouchers and stuff like that because people can make you feel like a dick or else you turn up and they have all these weird conditons that you didnt' know about. I don't get that - surely the reason for offering freebies/discounts is to promote the business. If you make someone feel like a dickhead, then they aren't ever going to come back.

Anyway there was none of that last night and bonus, we thought only the mains were free but we got free entree as well!

To start with, we shared a tapas plate - including the most delicious fetta and a very smooth pate, rice balls and a rocket and pear salad. The rocket and pear salad was divine and I'll be making that a lot this summer.

For mains, I had grilled flake with garlic mash. That was sensational. My companions (as they say in the food reviews) both had roo and said it was the best roo they've ever eaten.

I'd have not had dessert except they had apple and rhubarb crumble. Who can resist that? Not me. Yum.

Sensational. And the service was just perfect too. The two guys working were very unobtrusive yet every time our water bottle was empty or we needed them for something, they'd appear at the table.

I'm definitely going back for more. I guess that's the point of the freebie, get you in and get you hooked!

You are going to LOVE your polar - trust me! They are fantasssssssssstic - I am addicted to mine, and it has helped me stay in the right heart zone thing when I'm working out. Great decision! As for the free meal voucher, it reminded me of something that happened when Chops and I first moved to Glebe a year or so ago. I kept a shop-a-docket (buy one main, get one free) for a local Indian restaurant - let's call in Dakent (because I can't remember the real name of it)

We get there, it is BIG TIME fancy - sandstone walls, mood lighting, soft music etc etc. "Fancy a place like this having SHOP-A-DOCKET specials!" I whispered to Chops. It was packed, and all the other people looked loaded. The people at the next table were drinking expensive wine. The mains were over $25, but what did it matter? We had a SAD! We ordered up big, and when the bill came I whipped out the S.A.D, saying to Chops in a low voice "I refuse to be ashamed of using this scrumpled up SAD, because they shouldn't advertise if they can't handle people using them!" The waiter looked at me. Looked at the SAD. Held it up to the light. Excused himself and went and had a conference with the ENTIRE staff at the bar. I was confident. I'd even checked the expirary date! "Um...Madam, this is not our restaurant. This is for Dakent. We are called Dakoot" Oh. My. God. The shame of it. We put the meal on our credit card, and hot footed it out of there. We went for a walk and found Dakent. It was lit with a fluro light and had a bored looking waiter leaning against the Bain Marie.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:19 pm  

So the first place did, in fact, have you booked in? I'm confused, damn double negatives..

So what were the names of these places? Might need to know for when next I am in town. I've got a student place in Sydney that I love, but the prices seem to be creeping up.

By Blogger CaramelKitKat, at 5:22 pm  

Gosh, bit of a drama getting to your appointment but I'm glad you finally got there and it was worth it. Shame about freezing but "beauty is pain" LOL :-)

I feel weird about using freebie vouchers too. I'd always buy those Entertainment Books and never use the damn things. Great to hear you had such a good experience!

PS. definitely looking forward to all the summer fruit and no caffeine (except tea), we'll see how I go hey....

I hope you're having a great weekend hon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 pm  

Sound's like you had the perfect day yesterday Kathryn. Getting pampered, going for a run and then to top it off a free fabulous meal :-)!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 8:42 pm  

hey I just tried the coles pilates dvd - I've never done pilates before and I can feel it everywhere :) Thanks for the heads up!
(I can never get nail polish to look perfect either)
take care

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 7:06 am  

I have to go to the Terminus next time in Melbourne - I wonder if they'll do a 2 for 1 meal with the $30 parma? They sound fantastic! Thanks for the report.

It's been ages since I've stepped into a hairdresser or beautician shop, I think I might have to take the plunge again.

By Blogger Sarah, at 8:47 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Watching, Reading, Doing

My Bad!

Photo of Doom

Spinning

Temptations

Monday Morning Motivation

Stuff

Fat and Tired!

Who Likes Short Shorts?

Maintaining

archives