iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::3.10.06::

Who Likes Short Shorts?

Um.. that would be me.

For the past few months, I've been joking with my sister about buying a pair of Daisy Dukes. Well today I was in Big W and they had some cheapo denim shorts so I couldn't resist. They are short but not Daisy Duke short.

I tried them on and they don't look too bad. I had this idea that decent legs weren't enough, to wear shorts you need a flat belly as well. Cos a big, bulging tum over the shorts is no a good look. Well, these ones have a few pleaty bits that make the belly look not too horrific and, to be honest, I rather fancy myself in them.

I got dressed up for my sister in the shorts with fishnets and heels. I'll try to talk her into taking a pic if I can. I feel like I should be out washing the car and doing suggestive things with the hose.

Other than that, I'm going to implode - I got the KMart catalogue with all their workout stuff. They have the weights I want for $20 instead of $30 and other stuff I totally need.

I was planning on buying a yoga mat but they have high impact flooring (ie. interconnecting foam squares) for gym areas. I'm wondering if that would work for yoga... I've also been planning to buy some non-slip pads for under my mats and maybe that would solve both problems. Just put the mat over it for everyday then pull the mat up and use it for weights and yoga?

The first time I felt like i was starting to look sexy was when I put on a pair of short shorts and saw myself in them. I want to see a pic!

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 2:19 am  

I've just been glancing through the Kmart catalogue too.

I think that the treadmill on the front page is really good value!

Can't wait to see the piccy of you in your short shorts!

By Blogger Jaykay, at 9:54 am  

I bought some short shorts inDArwin. definitelycooler. Not sure I would be game towear themin public. I also have the bulging tummy problem. Thanks for the tip re Kmart. Love workout clothes. I think the mats are a good idea.

By Blogger michelle, at 10:00 am  

*wolf whistles*
thanks for the tip on the coles yoga dvd, I'm going to give it a try :)

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 3:57 pm  

Shorts sound cute! Yes the KMART exercise equip looks great. I am still jogging on my mini tramp from there after 18months and it is as good as new. My crosstrainer is also from KMART and that is great. I say go for it. Have a spree. Best thing is you can always take it back if it's not right.

By Blogger Suzy, at 4:21 pm  

yes i agree with everyone above, we need to see you that is sex in shortie shorts!!!!

I cracked up @ the hose comment too lol.

Sounds like a really good idea@ the flooring, I need to dig around for the catalogue now.

By Blogger Dee, at 7:05 pm  

(Trust me this is going somewhere) I rang up to get a patch test for a spray tan today, the woman asked if I wear shorts - I said "hell no". Then I remembered - i'm not a size 22 anymore, maybe I could get away with shorts now? And then I read this post - I think i'll go and try some on.
thanks!! LOL
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 8:51 pm  

I dream of wearing shorts! More yoga for me to tone my cottage cheese thighs and it is slowly working.

LOL so you fancy yourself do you? I get that. I think it's important to be able to fancy yourself and feel good about yourself. I would love to see a pic! You've got great style :-)

Mmm, I've only ever seen people practice yoga on a yoga mat, whether inside or out. I wonder?

Recently I noticed that I am slipping on my mat mroe because of the heat and today I came across these really cool Yoga Mat Towels. I am going to get one and write a review when I tried it out - http://insightyoga.com.au/yogashop/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 pm  

I would love to buy a pair of "short" shorts, just don't think I would have the courage to wear them, lol.

Hmmmm, I was sussing out the spin bike in the K-Mart catalogue :-).

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:09 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Maintaining

Sunny Sunday

Happiness Is a Smart Swedish Storage Solution

Summer Fruits Rock My World!

Things

Love

Rest Day

I Did A Pushup!

Me.. and some funny stories!

Woop!

archives