iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::25.9.06::

Love

I've discovered a new love - peanut butter. I know, where have I been all my life? Under a rock?

I think I grew to hate the stuff from making Andrew peanut butter sandwiches for lunch for years and years. He'd eat nothing else. The smell of peanut butter first thing in the morning really put me off.

Then I bought a jar earlier in the year to put on my banana rolls at work. Except the price of bananas went through the roof so I never made them again.

On Friday I bought all my stuff home from work, it being my last day and all, including my jar of peanut butter from the fridge. I tried peanut butter and (IXL 50% less sugar) jam on a pumpkin roll. OMG! Heaven.

Then I tried peanut butter on apple - I used to make that all the time as a snack for Andrew but never tried it myself.

I've got to the stage where I have to hide the peanut butter - that stuff isn't exactly low in calories and it's so magically delicious. *Sigh!*

Hi there - bounced onto your blog from another - couldn't resist telling you my treat - peanut butter & celery...mmmmmm.....

By Blogger Tracky Dacks, at 11:30 pm  

I have to say, I agree that peanut butter is the best. The one thing I miss from switching from WW Flex to WW Core is my daily dose of peanut butter

By Blogger Twisted Cinderella, at 11:59 pm  

One of my favorite treats from childhood and one I still love is Ant on a Log: peanut butter in celery with a little line of raisins on the peanut butter. It sounds like a crazy flavor combination, but I love it!

By Blogger Kelly, at 12:18 am  

I know exactly what you mean. I never ate the stuff and then, one day, a recipe called for some.

It was downhill from there...

By Blogger YP, at 5:51 am  

Hell yeah, peanut butter (light & crunchy) on toast is my snack saviour! The light version is pretty damn good so you can work it into your points/cals for the day :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 am  

My son ate it every day for lunch and my daughter has it on celery. I love it on really fresh bread, yum.

By Blogger michelle, at 6:23 am  

It is absolutely a trigger food for me - cannot have it in the house without scoffing the lot. But we do have it in the Auckland office, so when I'm there I have PB on toast for brekkie.

By Blogger Sue, at 6:33 am  

Peanut Butter = Pure Evil. Banish it now Kathryn....

By Blogger Cinders, at 9:29 am  

I am a peanut butter addict. Can't imagine life without it.

By Blogger Dawn, at 10:03 am  

eew peanut butter. I'm kind of glad I don't like that stuff. lol

By Blogger Ang, at 4:11 pm  

peanut butter, eeewwwww
Every time we get some I try it to see if I like it, and I never do LOL.
It's that stuck feeling it leaves in your mouth, I think...

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 4:46 pm  

Damn you!! Don't tease me with thoughts of peanut butter! I have a tub of it in my desk at work from my days of eating whatever I want... I like to keep it there as a will power type thing. And every now and then I have a fingernail taste of it :)

By Blogger Kenz, at 7:44 pm  

sudArgh! I have to stop reading blogs! Every time I see the words "Peanut Butter" I get this insane urge to go eat some.

The best way to eat it? On a spoon, straight from the jar. Or on your finger, if you don't have a spoon.

Forget that processed Kraft crap though - it has to be the Sanitarium 100% peanuts one....only in the health food section. Mmmmm.

By Blogger Kek, at 8:50 pm  

I could never stomach the stuff, like you the smell did it to me every time - so I'm in complete awe that you're almost bathing in the stuff now :)

By Blogger Ails, at 11:03 am  

I can only eat Peanut Butter on really fresh white doorstop bread...like a really thick slice.

By Blogger Jaykay, at 12:29 pm  

I love peanut butter (I eat the light Kraft crunchy one), it's probably one of my downfalls. I had it today, actually I have it nearly every day, but I try to just have a scrape and not the whole tablespoon!
Hope you're enjoying unemployment.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 3:26 pm  

i ADORE peanut butter! and I've just gotten hooked on health food store peanut butter - that is, 100% peanuts.. that's it!

my dietician put me onto it and OH MY it's insanely good... yay for the Pbutter!!

By Blogger shinyruby2, at 7:05 pm  

I love peanut butter on apple slices too!

I also love peanut butter gelato.. that's probably less nutritious. I also downloaded a recipe for a frozen peanut butter cheesecake icecream pie thing, but that was when I was 103.5kg and I never got to try it. That's probably a good thing!!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 1:25 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Rest Day

I Did A Pushup!

Me.. and some funny stories!

Woop!

It's On!

Girl Jock

Weekend O' Treats

I'm So Vain!

A Year Later...

Daveriffic!

archives