iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.9.06::

Things

The other day, some of the girls on one of my forums were talking about RSVP (online dating site) so I decided to update my profile and photo. Since then, I've had a flood of dudes contact me. It's quite freaky. Men are so shallow!

I've been thinking about dating lately - I bitch about being single but rarely do anything about it. Deep down, I'm not sure if I really want to. I need to work out whether it's because I'm happy being single or if I'm just scared and freaked out. Sometimes it's hard to know, and probably it's a combination of both. I really don't like to the think that the reason I'm holding back from something is fear but, at the same time, don't want to spend time persuing a relationship because I "should".

Speaking of guys, I went back to the cafe with the cute waiter... twice... and he hasn't been there. When I went in to pay the money I owed, the guy who served me told me I'd get good karma. I felt like saying - if I had good karma, the cute guy would be working. But of course I didn't.

Eatingwise, things haven't been great. I went out for lunch today (to the cafe without the cute waiter working) and had a pumpkin and fetta burger. When I worked out the calories, it was more than a Big Mac! I don't know how that is possible but it's probably better I over estimate.

Today I went for a 8 km run. It's the first time I've been out for a run since Saturday. I've had really sore legs this week so thought I should pull back a bit.

I've been trying to fit in lots of yoga/body balance/pilates style classes this week before my gym membership ends. I figure if I get the technical side down in class, it makes doing DVDs much easier. The thing is, because I have no flexibility, I think I overstretched. My big problem area is my inner thighs (well hip flexors to be technical) - even crossing my legs is difficult so struggle even doing the easy option of some exercises. I think I've tried to force myself into a posture and put pressure on my knees. I'll have to take it gently from here on in. At least it's not the running causing the pain!

Saturday is my last gym day. I've been thinking of cardio options sans gym. Definitely running but I don't think I can handle running every day. Now I'm going to say something a little crazy here - and if you aren't spurting your coffee over your keyboard when you read this, you either aren't drinking coffee or have no idea how clumsy and un-co I am. I'm thinking of doing an aerobics class. I can go to the gym up the road for $4 a class and I figure I'll be so busy trying to figure out the moves, I won't realise I'm working. Maybe it will shock my body into more weight loss too.

I need to look into my bike buying too. Riding a bike on the road scares me a lot so I think I'll stick to the bike paths for a while.

What other things to people do for cardio? Suggestions most welcome!

Oh yeah, I think I need to buy more plates for my weights already. I knew it wouldn't be long because I was using 10 kg dumbbells for some exercises at the gym and my set is only 22 kgs total.

I went to KMart the other night and they had a 10 kg adjustable set for $30 so I'm thinking of getting that. That way I can make two sets of dumbbells - a lighter one and a heavier one which will save so much mucking around, adding on and taking off plates mid-workout. I'm just worried I'm getting an addiction!

ok.. I know you are into hard core, cool exercises like running.. but I subscribe to the school of thought that I like to be warm, comfortable and not really that aware of the kcal expenditure. I am a student so have a massive collection of exercise vids and dvds.

Dance dvds are quite fun, as are aerobic dvds, they come in different levels, from beginner to hard core- maybe you could find one that you liked? Classes are fab, I just can't afford the time and would rather spend the money elsewhere.

I do an exercise dvd/ tape/ section a day, walk up all escalators, try to always take the stairs and walk lots, preferably with shopping! It helps. I imagine you are quite fit- fitter than me, but there are advanced aerobics tapes. If not, put on some loud music and jump around a bit. I ahve a mini trampoline, and a skipping rope. Skipping is supposedly the best cardiovascular exercise, don't know if either will suit you, hope this helps :)

By Blogger Anonymous GP, at 5:22 am  

running...running and more running.

the fat just pours of you...for me into a giant vat of fat ;) For you miss 8km runner it'll help tone and stuff.

yeah stuff, that sounds technical!

By Blogger Lucinda, at 8:53 am  

Take up a martial arts class. I can burn up to 700 cals some sessions and it will be good for your flexiblity also. You'll use different muscles also.

By Blogger Cinders, at 9:01 am  

I agree with Linda about the martial arts... I used to kick-box, and was probably fitter and more flexible then than I have ever been in my life. If it's a good class that's not a boxercise type of thing then it is full on, and most will give you the choice of whether you take part in sparring or just focus on the moves.

Good luck finding something! :o)

I'm toying with getting a weights bench at the moment... I have all the weights, but quite fancy having the 'proper' all over workout option :oD

B.

By Blogger beakus, at 10:42 am  

I love the cardio classes and $4 a class is worth a try. Concentrating on the moves does help the time to pass and I always come away feeling I have really pushed myself. I also like the dance an the kickboxing DVDS.

By Blogger michelle, at 11:06 am  

I was on my own (after divorce)for 8 yrs prior to Mr relationship and I sometimes still wonder if singledom was a better option..hmm..
There are some fantastic bike trails around with differing fitness levels & on a sunny Melb day like today is a fantastic diversion from the gym. All that's needed is a decent bike & some attitude!

By Blogger Tracky Dacks, at 11:23 am  

Cute waiters and dumbells? There are worse things to be addicted to, believe me!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 pm  

Maybe if the RSVP thing works out you'll be getting a better kind of cario exercise! hahahahaha
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 1:14 pm  

that was supposed to say Cardio! D'oh.
Oh and I meant to say, I just feel like I need to say devilish stuff since I posted my horny photo on my profile!! bwoo haha

By Blogger Briony, at 1:16 pm  

Yep, men are shallow but in all honesty, I am shallow too in this respect. On impulse, I need to be sexually attracted to someone if I am pursuing a new love interest. I can't fuck with a pillow over someone's head...mmm, on the other hand LOL. Just in a dirty mood ;-) Don't you ever look at a photo and think ahhh, maybe not? I know, can't judge a book by it's cover and of course there is so much more to a person.

"Should" you be pursuing a relationship? I think you hit the nail on the head, deep down do you really want one? Creatively, your passion is your writing but still that doesn't mean you can't have a relationship. It is a little hard living with a writer though, well not for me because I am ferociously independent, but I know only too well how much effort goes into writing and how much alone time you need. I don't know where I am going with this but what I ultimately want to say is just keep putting yourself out there as you and things happen. Who knows, no rules and don't expect anything :-)

LOL and hell yeah, my thighs are my biggest problem too! I am still not very flexible but will be! Definitely listen to your body and don't push too hard, it will take time but the more you practice the easier it gets.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Love

Rest Day

I Did A Pushup!

Me.. and some funny stories!

Woop!

It's On!

Girl Jock

Weekend O' Treats

I'm So Vain!

A Year Later...

archives