iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::18.10.06::

My Bad!

Arrgghh... after the ugly photo incident below, I got on the scales - 75 frigging kilograms! That's a 5 kilogram gain over the past couple of months. I thought I'd die.

So I curled up on my bed, waiting for the Angel of Weight Gaining Death to come for me but apparently it isn't that easy. Instead, I've been plagued by black thoughts. I can't do this any more, I've lost my mojo. All my weight losing skills have gone!

What a crock.

It's so easy to get all superstitious about this crap - to think you need this or that, your lucky pants or the right mix of protein to carbs to lose weight but the honest to god truth is simple - don't put the freakin' food in your mouth.

I gave myself a pep talk, reminding me that I'm the one in charge of my life. It all comes back to me. I'd lost sight of that. It's so easy to go with the flow, and the flow is flowing into the local fish n' chip shop. I've been feeling out of control - eating crap and not cooking good meals, playing spider solitaire and faffing around instead of writing, going to bed late and waking up later.

But I'm taking back the power. It's not magic or the right alignment of the planets that I need. It's knowing my priorities and what I want from life.

ps. the scales are back to 73 kg so I think I must have been bloating :)

Uh huh, I hear you! I am guilty of this too and when I am sick, all my discipline goes out the window. I've stacked on since getting sick last Friday and am gonna pay for it. You're right, reclaim the power. It is up to us. When I'm feeling better, I'm doing a 5kg/8 Week Challenge and will kick butt. We know how to do this now sister! :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 pm  

Hey you - in the words of a very wise friend of mine - STOP DICKING AROUND!!!!!
Bri

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 pm  

I have done the same thing many times, it is so easy. But you know you can lose it again. I bet you are now really motivated to go for it...

By Blogger michelle, at 7:02 am  

I know the feeling, I was up far too much this week (and knew it before I stepped on the scales), but a couple of good days and they seem to be heading back in the right direction. I'm sure you can get it back off again, no worries.

By Blogger YP, at 6:55 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Photo of Doom

Spinning

Temptations

Monday Morning Motivation

Stuff

Fat and Tired!

Who Likes Short Shorts?

Maintaining

Sunny Sunday

Happiness Is a Smart Swedish Storage Solution

archives