iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::25.10.06::

Balls

My cupcake obsession has been replaced. My new obsession is the chocobana balls at the local cafe. They are like rum balls but chocolate banana flavoured with a malteser in the middle. OMG they are good!

I used to write then take a hard copy down to the cafe to edit. Now I write just so I can go to the cafe and get chocobana balls! I can't stop at one either. I've got a two ball a day habit. It'd be worse except I feel piggy enough asking for a second one from the staff, let alone a third.

Then yesterday, I had my first ball and when I ordered the second, they were out. Good thing too I reckon.

Today I didn't go in, thinking they'd have not restocked yet but I've been on a sugar binge. I don't think I've eaten that many calories but it's all been on sweet stuff, not real food. What's my problem?

Oh yeah, Turkish Delight icecreams - don't buy them. They are evil. Evil, I tells ya. Evilly delicious.

Arrggh... just to get away from my food obsession for a moment, last night I visited Andrew. I took him to the shops and was about to drop him home when he let drop he's changing uni courses. I started screaming at him, then got out of the car and followed him inside. He said he thought I was going home and I was like - how can I go home, I haven't finished screaming at you. So I screamed at him for about an hour then felt better and left. It bugs me that he decided to change two years into his course. And bugged me more that he didn't even discuss it with me. I'm only his mother. I only gave birth to him and raised. What do I know?

Then my sister started to say that I'd dropped out of my first uni course halfway so I had to beat her over the head with a blunt object until she shut up.

Ah, the old "do as I say, not as I do" routine. Works for me.

By Blogger Kek, at 6:59 am  

I think you need to find another cafe. One that serves really crap food.
Don't want to preach, but I will. Let him make his own mistakes.

By Blogger Sue, at 8:05 am  

It could be worse. He could finish the course and then tell you he's not going to follow that career choice after all.

By Blogger Debstar, at 8:59 am  

Your sister definitely deserves a beating. Kids, they just have to live their own lives don't they even though we "know" the best way to help them. We raise them to be independent but oh how it hurts to watch them stuffing up or even doing the right thing without including us in the decision making. It will work out in the big scheme of life but certainly warranted some screaming from you.

By Blogger michelle, at 10:43 am  

oh they sound too good....
i like sue's suggestion of a cafe that serves really crap food!

By Blogger Kt, at 6:44 pm  

Mmm, choccobana balls sound like my kind of thing and remember you at that age? No one was gonna tell you what you can and can't do LOL, no one!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 pm  

I love chocolate. I love bananas. I do believe I would love a choco banana ball!

If I were to have one I think I would die a happy woman.

By Blogger Lainey, at 11:46 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Sick

Busy

Watching, Reading, Doing

My Bad!

Photo of Doom

Spinning

Temptations

Monday Morning Motivation

Stuff

Fat and Tired!

archives