iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.10.06::

More Oops...

When I said I broke my ribs, I was joking! Well I thought I was joking. The doctor didn't. Diagnose: broken ribs. Ouch. I really am tough like Mad Max!

It doesn't help that I had a hacking cough. Hacking cough plus broken ribs = double ouch. It also doesn't help that every time I say my ribs are broken, I crack up laughing.

If you're sitting there reading this, procrastinating about going for a run or a walk or to the gym, then get up and do it now. After reading about Shauna and Sue and being injured myself, I reckon you have to stop taking your body for granted. Don't think - I'll exercise tomorrow - because you can't count on your body being there for you tomorrow.

Be grateful that you have a body capable of being fit and active, regardless of size and shape. There are so many people out there (no just sooky me with my broken ribs but people with real disabilities and illness) that would be damn happy to be able to slog through a gruelling workout session.

I do think I need to discuss with my doctor WHY I keep falling over. I figure it could be either because I have zero balance or a problem with my shoes (the nikes have been cursed by sweatshop children, I bet). I mean, I used to fall over lots but that was because I was drunk. Now I've cut back on drinking and I still fall over. I swear to god, if I'd done this pissed, I'd have not injured myself half as bad. Maybe I'll take a pitcher of Margarita on my next run.

How in the hell do you break your ribs that way??? lol. Did you fall onto something on the ground?? Or did you belly-flop or something? It just seems such a strange way to break them.
Anyway... here's wishing you a speedy recovery :)

By Blogger Lisa C, at 8:07 pm  

So much for Dr Mum's diagnosis huh!!! Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear you've broken your ribs - that would suck. Hope you feel better soon!!

By Blogger Unknown, at 10:11 pm  

How's your core strength Kathryn? Weak abs etc can cause problems with balance and stability. I used to fall over a lot before I worked my arse off and developed abs of steel. Just a thought...

Bummer on the ribs. Rest up and get them better, then come see me and I'll gladly put you through a gruelling workout. I have a special offer going - one session free to gutsy Mad Max-type chicks. :-D

By Blogger Kek, at 10:35 pm  

Here here sister regarding not putting things off.
Hope your ribs get better soon.
Cheers

By Blogger Miss Pink Lotus, at 10:44 pm  

Oh you poor thing! Well, I need a beer in each hand to keep me upright while dancing, is that the same thing as what you need for your running? I hope you get better soon babe. What a bummer.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 am  

Don't think - I'll exercise tomorrow - because you can't count on your body being there for you tomorrow.

Thank you. I needed that kick in the butt - I was just dinking around with the idea that "One night off won't hurt"..:P Guess I'll be hitting the gym tonight afterall!

Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending lots of good karma your way - take care and hope you feel better soon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Oops

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man!

Balls

Sick

Busy

Watching, Reading, Doing

My Bad!

Photo of Doom

Spinning

Temptations

archives