iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::26.3.07::

Weigh In - 76.3 kg

Argghhh, I've put on a kilo this week and I know why... too many snack foods. We've been watching Angel on dvd pretty intensely (like a whole season in 3 days) and snacking out on sugary treats while doing so. Not good. I can't believe I've never watched Angel before. Andrew also said it was better than Buffy but his reasoning was that the fight scenes are better. He never mentioned psychic karaoke or anything important.

So this week, no snack foods. I'm cutting down on my running before the Run for the Kids on Sunday so I can't afford to be sitting around eating all week.

Yesterday I went on a 10 km run. Well it started out that way. I didn't run far when things started hurting - my leg and hip - so I stopped running and walked for most of it. My hip and lower back have been a bit dodgy ever since my massage and I didn't want to push myself.

When I go out for a run and can't actually run, I get all snarky. Snarky at myself because I should be doing more. It's like if I plan to run and can't, I'm never going to be able to run again. Strange thinking, I know, but that's what goes on in my head. The truth is that if I'd tried to run those 10 km, I'd probably have really screwed things up.

Still a 10 km walk is better than no exercise at all.

The back and hip still feel stiff and sore today. I'm going to rest and maybe do some yoga later to see if that helps.

Ah, psychic karaoke....I'd forgotten about that! I loved the earlier seasons, but the latter ones got a bit silly.

By Blogger Kek, at 9:47 am  

Definitely no more snacks for you missy or we'll have to chain you up! You have to listen to your body too. I hope the yoga helps you out. Sounds like you need to take it a little easier until you get up to speed again. Be good to yourself :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 9:56 am  

I know what you mean. Last night I went for a run along Elwood beach and had to stop and walk a couple of times, whereas last week I ran 14kms (albeit with a few rests inbetween!)!!! What the hell's up with that?! It makes me think "I was able to do this before, what's wrong with me?!" but it's so important to listen to your body, so important.

Hope you have a great week leading up to the race!

By Blogger philippa_moore, at 10:24 am  

I always have this struggle when I am running. Yesterday I wanted to do a longish run and felt depressed because some muscle soreness prompted me to cut it short.

By Blogger Ruune, at 11:09 am  

I cannot speak about running for I have no knowledge! Hope you're having a good week.
Bri

By Blogger Briony, at 11:43 am  

Taper taper taper Kathryn!!
rest rest rest

and kick arse on Sunday! (although I'll give you a ring to catch up about the t-shirt before then)

By Blogger LBTEPA, at 2:17 pm  

Struggled on my run tonight (and couldn't blame it all on Moose-the-extremely-stupid-dog) and then worked out I hadn't eaten for 4 hours. D'oh!

By Blogger Sue, at 6:57 pm  

I would like to disassociate myself from any "Andrew" who says that Angel is better than Buffy. How could it be better without Sarah M-G ? :-)

By Blogger Andrew(ajh), at 7:00 pm  

I have seen Angel a couple of times late at night and it is quite addictive. Much better than Buffy.

By Blogger Jules, at 8:49 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Thoughts

Massage

Awful Run

Run

Weird Morning

Happy Buffy Day

Weigh In - 75.3 kgs

Daylesford

Things

Interviews and Running

archives