iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::13.4.07::

More Goodness

Because I've been all miserable and grumpified this week, I've neglected to mention the goodness in my life this week.

1. My friend bought a new bike and, since they now have a few bikes, he's offered me the old, old one. It's a girl's bike and used to be his sister's. Woohoo! Free bike! Now I just have to get it home. I'll walk or run over to their place and ride it home but I'm awful scared since I'm a totally rubbish bike rider. Luckily it's all along the bike paths so no need to go near cars.

2. I had to go into DJs yesterday and ended up getting freebie samples of Clinique - their 3 step skin care range. I tried it today and already feel more radiant. This reminds me - I must buy a foundation. I've not had any for about a year and have been using a combo of tinted sunscreen and cover stick if I absolutely need wear makeup at all.

3. I'm winning the family footy tipping. I rule, they drool! And I have to get in all the gloating while I can.

4. Even though I pigged out over Easter and did no exercise, I didn't put on weight. I have no idea how this can be so but I'm not complaining. Maybe I didn't pig out nearly as much as I thought - I only had 2 Humpty Dumptys with chocolate beanies and, okay, far too many hot cross buns.

5. My landlords seemed to have forgotten they were going to increase our rent. I'm sure they'll remember eventually but so far, so good.

6. My awful housemate goes home to his family in Moe most weekends so I'll get peace and quiet for a few days. Btw there is no point trying to get revenge by waking him because he seems to have a preternatural ability to not sleep. He gets home at 2.00 am then gets up for work at 6.00 am. I don't understand.

7. I'm getting a cheque for one of my stories soon. Got an email about it today asking if I wanted the money via Paypal. I'm not sure about Paypal though, I've got an account but I can't log into it despite resetting my password twice. I think a nice paper cheque will do me fine.

8. I'm wearing my favourite skirt today. Sure it's a size 20 and I've had to take it in with safety pins - I give the slatternly a bad name - but it's my fave and I felt like wearing it. One day I'll get it properly taken in.

9. Coffee. Coffee is always one of the good things in my life.

Good on you for looking on the bright side. Maybe with the cheque you could get your skirt taken in.

By Blogger Jules, at 1:34 pm  

Things really seem to be on your side at the moment Kathryn.

I am a 3 step Clinique person and I always try and find someone who's going to the US so they can buy it all duty free for me. It's just so much cheaper over there!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 pm  

Humpty Dumptys are the best easter eggs! If you eat your Hot Cross buns on Good Friday, they don't count.

Love the I rule, they drool.

By Blogger Kathy, at 7:51 pm  

Great to see a really "up" post from you Kathryn! Congrats on the bike, I am really starting to enjoy my cycling now, and my legs are loving me for it.

By Blogger Andrew(ajh), at 7:56 pm  

Humpty dumpties are the best!!! I moved from Perth to Aberdeen last year and they don't have anything like the humpty dumpty over here. And just as bad, no long weekend for Easter either! Robbed! I have whinged so much about the humpty dumpty thing that my mum has bought me one for when I visit in a month's time.

Be truly grateful for the humpty dumpty.

By Blogger MelM, at 10:52 pm  

Yay - a bicycle! Such fun.

I am so jealous of people who only need a few hours sleep a night. Imagine what you could do with all of that extra time - apart from torturing your flatmates...

By Blogger jo, at 11:15 pm  

YAY for the new bike!! I'm scared to ride on roads too but the more we do it, the more confident we'll become. Great to see you focusing on all the good stuff going on :-)

By Blogger Mary, at 9:51 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Good and Bad

Uggh

Stupid

Woohoo!

Happy Easter

Easter

More Stuff

Stuff

Weigh In - 76.8 kgs

Run for the Kids

archives