[a weight loss story]
*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*
Because I've been all miserable and grumpified this week, I've neglected to mention the goodness in my life this week.
1. My friend bought a new bike and, since they now have a few bikes, he's offered me the old, old one. It's a girl's bike and used to be his sister's. Woohoo! Free bike! Now I just have to get it home. I'll walk or run over to their place and ride it home but I'm awful scared since I'm a totally rubbish bike rider. Luckily it's all along the bike paths so no need to go near cars.
2. I had to go into DJs yesterday and ended up getting freebie samples of Clinique - their 3 step skin care range. I tried it today and already feel more radiant. This reminds me - I must buy a foundation. I've not had any for about a year and have been using a combo of tinted sunscreen and cover stick if I absolutely need wear makeup at all.
3. I'm winning the family footy tipping. I rule, they drool! And I have to get in all the gloating while I can.
4. Even though I pigged out over Easter and did no exercise, I didn't put on weight. I have no idea how this can be so but I'm not complaining. Maybe I didn't pig out nearly as much as I thought - I only had 2 Humpty Dumptys with chocolate beanies and, okay, far too many hot cross buns.
5. My landlords seemed to have forgotten they were going to increase our rent. I'm sure they'll remember eventually but so far, so good.
6. My awful housemate goes home to his family in Moe most weekends so I'll get peace and quiet for a few days. Btw there is no point trying to get revenge by waking him because he seems to have a preternatural ability to not sleep. He gets home at 2.00 am then gets up for work at 6.00 am. I don't understand.
7. I'm getting a cheque for one of my stories soon. Got an email about it today asking if I wanted the money via Paypal. I'm not sure about Paypal though, I've got an account but I can't log into it despite resetting my password twice. I think a nice paper cheque will do me fine.
8. I'm wearing my favourite skirt today. Sure it's a size 20 and I've had to take it in with safety pins - I give the slatternly a bad name - but it's my fave and I felt like wearing it. One day I'll get it properly taken in.
9. Coffee. Coffee is always one of the good things in my life.
Good on you for looking on the bright side. Maybe with the cheque you could get your skirt taken in.
Things really seem to be on your side at the moment Kathryn.
Humpty Dumptys are the best easter eggs! If you eat your Hot Cross buns on Good Friday, they don't count.
Great to see a really "up" post from you Kathryn! Congrats on the bike, I am really starting to enjoy my cycling now, and my legs are loving me for it.
Humpty dumpties are the best!!! I moved from Perth to Aberdeen last year and they don't have anything like the humpty dumpty over here. And just as bad, no long weekend for Easter either! Robbed! I have whinged so much about the humpty dumpty thing that my mum has bought me one for when I visit in a month's time.
Yay - a bicycle! Such fun.
YAY for the new bike!! I'm scared to ride on roads too but the more we do it, the more confident we'll become. Great to see you focusing on all the good stuff going on :-)
boobs: 100 cm
waist: 81 cm
hips: 109 cm
thighs: 50 cm
Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama
Week 1 - Drink more water
Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats