iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::5.2.05::

Well I lost 2kgs last week, more due to having a crook gut than from any effort on my part. Still it was good. I've been hovering between the same 2 kgs for months and now I have finally got under that mark.

The bad news was when I decided to weigh myself on a friend's scales. My scales are the old fashioned kind and, to make it worse, they have the lbs on the outside of the circle thingo with kgs on the inside. What this means is that the space between each little ||| is so tiny that it makes it hard to guage if I've actually lost weight.

My friends have those fancy whizz-bang digital scales that tell you your fat % (like I want to know that) and everything. But they weigh about 4 kgs heavily than my home scales.

I know it shouldn't make any difference. What matters is the amount lost, not some stupid number on a scale. Still it would have been nice if they weighed lighter than mine.

While I was there, I also took my measurements.

Big claps for me this week:

I filled up my drink bottle with water and drank it every day this week plus I've been drinking more water at home.

I got up at 7.00 and went for a walk on Friday.

I went to an exercise class on Thursday. It was cancelled but hey, I got myself motivated to go.

I bought a copy of Slimming Magazine and have been recording all my food intake in the diet diary that was free with it.

I had breakfast most days.

Things to improve:

Not eating enough early in the day then getting famished and buying bad food after work. Maybe buy some fruit at lunch time for an afternoon snack.

Take diabetes tablets every day.

I was really inspired the other day. Reading through the success stories on the Weight Watchers site, I found one where the woman had not only lost weight but had also gone from being dependant on 3 insulin injections a day to control her diabetes through diet and exercise.

I think that maybe I should focus less on the actual weight lose and more on the diabetic control. My greatest fear in life is that I will have to become dependant on injections for insulin control. Well even greater than that is the fear of the complications of diabetes - vision loss, amputation and all that icky stuff. If I could get off all my medication then I'd be a happy girl.

Goals for the week:

Exercise for at least 20 mins every day.

Get batteries for my BSL monitor.

Eat more fruit and less after work snacks.

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

How Not to Diet

This Time It's Serious

The other day I joined the gym. I have been walki...

Liposuction

Dream

I have had a few setbacks with my diet plan, mainl...

Diet Hiatus

Progress?

Set backs...

Dinner Party

archives