iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::31.7.03::

Set backs...

This diet is working so well.. I have put on weight! I think I need to make more of an effort. Instead of sitting chatting on the computer I could be out walking. Instead of hot chips I could be eating ... well something not laden with fat.

I have decided that I am not going to weigh myself any more because I can't deal with scales. I think electonic scales would be ok but my old scales are so hard to read. Measurements are the way to go. They are a more accurate reflection of weight loss anyway.

At least I am not giving up. I bought a new trackie today so I can walk without worry, my old ones were getting so baggy that I had to hold the waist half the time.

I got a t-shirt and matching trackie dacks at Big W for next to nix. I think Big W is much cheaper than K-Mart or Target although about equal to Best and Less. Anyway I wanted to get them on the small side because I figure that will motivate me to loss weight.

At the one and only Weight Watchers meeting I ever attended the leader talked about how you should buy clothes on the small side so you are motivated to fit into them rather than buying loose clothes that make you feel thinner than you are. She also said you should throw out your clothes as they become too loose. For a long time I resisted, thinking it was dodgy thinking, but I have finally twigged. While you have 'fat clothes' in your wardrobe, you have the thought in the back of your mind that your diet will fail and you will need them again.

A few months ago I cleaned the wardrobe out and threw out all those 'fat clothes' plus anything I owned that was just making up the numbers so to speak. Clothes that don't make you feel lovely and glamourous and goddess like are just a waste of space. I gave most of them away.

Of course, this was a big setback during those few weeks I needed to dress corporate for work. I only had one or two outfits left that fitted the dress code.

Now I just need to get off my arse and put on the trackies and walk. And not wear them as pyjamas.

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Dinner Party

Today has been good. I didn't eat too much. I ha...

Tuesday

Monday...

Two days in and I have been so not good. It start...

Today's Food Intake

Recipe - Fruit Compote

Might try this as well.

This looks good, though more fancy than my usual s...

Menu Plan ... Friday to Tuesday

archives