iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::28.7.05::

Curvy

Recently I was reading about how many people have unrealistic expections from their weight loss, how they expect to go from being a 5 foot nothing, dumpy brunette with short legs to being a 6 foot 4 willowy blonde with legs that don't quit. I mean we all have our dreams but you can't expect miracles.

Personally, I've never wanted to be thin, not supermodel thin. Well, it's something that I've never really seen as within the realms of possiblity for myself but even if it were, if a genie appeared out of a bottle to give me my ideal body, I wouldn't want it. I mean check out supermodel , Sarah O'Hare. The girl looks like Jar Jar Binks. Ick. At least I know my resemblance to Jabbah the Hutt is declining. And I'd rather be Jabbah than Jar Jar any day.

Curvy is tops. At the moment my body is curvy, so really I just want the curves to change - I want to be curvy like an hourglass, not curvy like a snowman. I like having boobs and would love it if I had more of a butt. Some butt cushioning would be really handy to be honest.

Even when I'm looking at people on the street, window shopping for a new body as it were, I never check out the tall, thin chicks but the curvy ones. I think I'd be more than happy as a size 14. I'd look good, feel good and be able to maintain that. And it would be a hell of a lot smaller than I've been as an adult. I think there is as much happiness in knowing when to stop as there is in losing weight.

Damn, my net nanny blocked the site. Must learn how to unblock those things again LOL. I never thought you could change heights as part of weight loss expectations though I wouldn't mind it if my legs grew a couple of inches. But I'd just be happy to settle for a couple less saddle bags. I give curves the big thumbs up.

By Blogger Margaret, at 10:18 pm  

I know what you mean. I was around a size 12 when I stopped thinking so much about being thinner as I was thinking about being "fitter" ~ that's when I started to run, lift weights, etc. Still, I lost weight after that, but it wasn't so much the *focus* anymore. I would "sit" at weights for long periods of time. I'd lose 5 or6 pounds and then I'd feel great for a long time, though eventually I'd notice that no, I could stand to lose a few more, so I'd lose 5 pounds and then stay there for a long time. It was much less maniacal to me once I got to a "decent" weight.

I was a size 8 (US, so you know, take it for what it's worth!) before I got pregnant, and of course I still thought I was fat. I was wrong. Hopefully, I've learned my lesson about that and after the baby is born I'll be comfortable with my body ~ as long as it's healthy and fit ~ at any size.

By Blogger Mia Goddess, at 12:21 am  

I agree! When I was in my 20's I was modeling at 140 pounds (I'm 5'5" tall) and a size 10 (U.S.). I felt great, looked great, never wanted to be any different. I feel the same way now and tend to feel comfortable with my size long before I'm "supposed" to according to the current standards. Now, it's a matter of healthy weight, which my doctor puts at 160 or lower.

By Blogger not specified, at 1:27 am  

I'm with you on the curves. I think they rock. Personally I would like to have smaller boobs and [like you said] less of a snowman figure going on.

I'd rather have a bit of salsa in my walk then a string bean.

By Blogger Dee, at 9:19 pm  

Curvy women unite!!!!

I am curvy too, and oh the thighs...lol

But really, curvy is beautiful.

And you have a beautiful blog too! I'll be back for more and will pick into your archives too ;o)

By Blogger Argy, at 9:46 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Things

TV or Not TV, That Is The Question

Sick

Blah

Compliments and Insults

Sunday Morning Thoughts

Crazy, wacking sizing stuff.

Recouping

Rewards or Just Desserts

Fat Book

archives