iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::27.7.05::

Things

I went to the gym last night, even though I'm feeling sick, and got to watch Australian Idol. I thought I'd have to tone down my workout a bit because I'd not be at full strength but the opposite was true. I was Super Woman! I did everything so easily and even did extra reps of most exercises. How weird is that?

***

I miss my garden, having fresh vegetables and herbs available for picking just outside the back door, so I think when I get paid I'll go to the nursery and get some pots to grow some herbs. I have some plants that a friend is looking after but I don't really feel like bringing them over here. We had a couple of nice big plants near the front door and some bastard stole them the other night - grrr! I'm sure things are safer in the backyard. We are getting our side fence replaced at the moment so maybe that's why - they had easy access.

I'll just get a cheap pot and some punnets of plants anyway - I love having fresh herbs to use in my cooking. The landlords are currently doing a lot of work on the backyard so when they have finished, I might be able to organise some space to grow tomatoes and stuff.

***
I have been thinking of packing up my scales and taking them over to my storage space. I go over to the storage space every few weeks to get things or put things in there (or just to scab the free lollipops in the office - man, they are the best lollipops ever and there aren't that many kilojoules in lollipop, right). That way I stop weighing myself everyday. Oh, did I say everyday? I mean every time I walk past them. I weigh myself of a morning then I go to the toilet then I weigh myself again. I weigh myself when I get home from work and sometimes at night before bed. It's got to stop. Once every couple of weeks is ample.
***
On the topic of weights and measures, my hip measurement is not moving. But I swear my belly looks smaller. I've been thinking about this. When you have a big huge jelly belly (just imagine a someone with a bean bag under their shirt) then it may not necessarily be the diametre that decreases. Like if you deflate a basketball - it flattens at the top and bottom before the sides. So my belly is getting smaller, just not at the hip measurement. Maybe. Does that make sense or am I just clutching at straws?

I miss my garden too. We had a beautiful herb garden that somehow died when we went on holidays for 3 weeks, at Christmas, when it was really really hot. Go figure :)

I think your theory on the hip sizing is correct. I have found that when I take measurements it skips a drop in the hips. So my waist and thighs go down one measure, and the next time the hips catch up. Weird.

Well done on Idoling it at the gym :)

By Blogger Margaret, at 11:52 am  

My stomach is the same. Getting flat on top but the sides still need a lot of work! I totally understand!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 am  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

TV or Not TV, That Is The Question

Sick

Blah

Compliments and Insults

Sunday Morning Thoughts

Crazy, wacking sizing stuff.

Recouping

Rewards or Just Desserts

Fat Book

I Don't Get It

archives