iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::20.7.05::

I Don't Get It

You know what I don't understand, people who talk about the number of inches/centimetres they have lost. It's like if I measure myself at 3 points - breast, waist and hips, for example, and my hypothetical dieting identical twin measures herself at six points then on paper she could have lost double the centimetres I have although our weight loss is exactly the same.

Am I missing something here? Is there some standardise way to measure yourself? Standard measure points or something? I definitely thinking that measuring yourself is the way to go, it's just when i see someone has lost 50 cm all over, I don't know what that means.

I measure myself a lot of different points.

Neck
Upper Arm
Chest
Waist
Abdomen
Hips
Upper Leg
Calf

I love reading your blog too. I think you have a fantastic way of expressing yourself.

I think you are an amazing person!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:27 am  

Thanks Stacey :)

By Blogger Kathryn, at 6:54 pm  

I measure in the same places as Stacey. It was on a sheet handed to me once upon a time. I think the measurements for me have been more of a motivational factor as opposed to a size thing because I can't very well say "Ooh I've lost 8cm off my calf - now I'm a size 16" LOL Doesn't work that way (dammit!)

By Blogger Margaret, at 4:32 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Guilt-free Guilt

Hungry Like The Wolf

More of me

So

Obsession?

Investing In Thin

Envy

Maintain the Rage

Mp3 Player

Food and stuff

archives