iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::18.5.06::

Thinking

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." --Anatole France.


I read that quote tonight and it made a sense of some of the crazy moods I've had over the past year.

Went to Foreigner last night. Heaps of fun and I just about knew every song, but the only original member of the band was the guitarist so it was almost like a cover band. For those who asked, I won the tickets by ringing the Beat Magazine office at the designated time. Pretty boring, huh. It's not like I had to do something potentially embarassing like interpretive dance to my fave Foreigner song or anything.

A few months ago, we went out in St Kilda and had dinner at a place called The Gourmet Burger Company. They have a burger called the Camembert In There that sounded yum but at the time I was being extra cautious and gave it a miss. So I'd been planning my pre-show burger for ages and was so careful to not eat too much yesterday. I could taste that burger. My mouth watered all day in anticipation. Then we got there and they were closed. Damn it all.

We ended up going to BBNT and I got a chicken burrito. Yum still but no Camembert In There burger. I had a side of chips but only ate about a third of the packet. Go me. I didn't need any more.

go you, indeed :D and camembert in there! that is genius!

now i must leave your page in order to get I Wanna Know What Love Is out of my head!

By Blogger Shauna, at 11:01 pm  

Good for you! I have a hard time turning down the chips but I am starting to see that I don't have to eat every single one to feel satisfied. I found this out at the grocery store when they pass out samples. I had enjoyed a sample so mucht that is dawned on me that I didn't need to buy the whole cake. The sample was enough. :)
Now if they could just start sampling everything I will be on my way!
Keep it up!

By Blogger BarbaraMG, at 12:46 am  

Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert - even better that you had won the tickets and didn't have to pay for them.
Me

By Blogger Me, at 8:40 am  

That quote is what similar to what I meant about having an identity crisis when getting to goal. Sometimes I pine for certain things from the past (not food, but other stuff) but I know right now and the future of not having that in my life is so much better me.

Go you with the food but damn, I want that Camembert In There too now, yum.

By Blogger Mary, at 12:04 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Sunny

Resting

Not so fun run

Chic

Weigh In - 73.3 kg

I Want To Know What Love Is?

Sick and Tired

Woohoo!

Weekend

Saturday

archives