iDiet

[a weight loss story]

*kathrynoh at nemesis dot com dot au*

::16.11.06::

I'm a Big Fat Fraud

Last night I read back through my archives cos I was really bored and I realised something - I've only lost 10 kgs since this time last year. To make it worse, I'm the same weight I was in May. Since then, I've gone down and up and back down and back up.

I've been complacent, that's the truth of it. I no longer have the eye of the tiger. Instead I have the eye of the takeaway. I feel like I should be achieving, that I should have solid concrete goals that I'm crossing off my list. I've still got weight I want to loss, so why aren't I doing it?

Maybe weight loss in itself isn't enough to motivate me any more. The joy of seeing a decreasing number on the scales doesn't do it for me like it used to. I think maybe I need to reassess where I want to be and what I want to do. I have some namby-pamby running goals and I've been doing weights and stuff but maybe I need to get more serious about that side of things.

I think it's hard to maintain the motivation, especially when you have reached goal and heck, already in your healthy weight range :-)

I think you are fabulous Kathryn and I reckon it's all about maintaining for us now. Sure we both want to lose a little more but how far have we come!

x

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 pm  

10 kilos is still a great loss though. I've been putting on and taking off the same four kilos for the past year and I'm not near goal yet. I know I'll get there one day and you will get to your new goal.
Think of all the fantastic things you've achieved in this last year. And you did make it to your original goal plus you have all the benefits of being much fitter and healthier. In short, you rock! Complacency is a bitch but we all get through it somehow. Keep on keeping on.

:) Sarah

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:28 pm  

Um hello... and before that 10 kilos you'd lost an amazing 30 more. What you've done is live your life at goal. You know what you can and can't do so maybe focus on one of your running goals. If you are going to eat takeaway at least go and eat at Nicks shop and he'll give u a discount...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 pm  

I have only just found your blog and I am amazed at how well you have done with your weight loss- 40kg, that is fantastic. You have achieved so much already- it is easy to understand that your motivation would change. I am down to 70kg now too and don't know what I am going to do to motivate myself to keep it off!

By Blogger MorseyRuns, at 7:20 pm  

I've only lost 1 stone in the past year (that's a pathetic 14lbs).

You are doing a fantastic job, and don't forget it. Yeah, you need to have targets but you've hit most of the big ones, so it's time to give yourself a break.

By Blogger Lainey, at 8:41 pm  

Only 10 kg!? i reckon that sounds pretty darn tidy :)

but i know what you mean about motivation. good luck coming up with some new goals. i say to hell with scale related goals, that just isn't enough sometimes. blah...

By Blogger Shauna, at 9:31 pm  

I know perzacly what you mean, Kathryn. I hit my goal...well, I actually seriously over-achieved my original goal...then faffed around for a year and a half getting no further and feeling frustrated.

It took a friend to point out to me (amidst my constant moaning) that I WAS SUCCESSFULLY MAINTAINING! That was like some huge revelation - I'd never done that before, always regained, lost, regained, lost...you get the idea.

While that was all true and very nice, blah, blah, I still wasn't doing what I was endlessly talking about. What got my mojo back was setting some serious goals, and then hiring me a trainer to tell me what to do and to keep me honest.

It hasn't been all smooth sailing, but I can look back on the past year and feel satisfied at what I've achieved.

Set some goals - write them down, come up with a plan to work towards them. You'll get there, you've got what it takes. You didn't get this far by accident.

By Blogger Kek, at 8:30 am  

I could post the sam ething an dI never reached goal. Don't be too hard on yourself because motivation is definitely less when we hav ecome so far. We are much better than we used to be. Having said that I agree it would be good to lose a bit more wouldn't it?

By Blogger michelle, at 1:03 pm  

you certainl aren't a fraud - you just need some different goals now that the scales are the main motivator

By Blogger Kt, at 4:33 pm  

I agree with everyone else - kathryn you are incredible! I'd love to lose a lazy ol' 10kg in a year too! (I HAVEN'T!)

Set a running goal instead of a weightloss goal. How about a marathon???

That's my mindset - focus on the running, ignore the weight, eat sensibly and hopefully reap the rewards!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 pm  

Oh babe. You aren't big. You aren't fat. You aren't a fraud. You are experiencing life, and like the scales, it has its ups and downs. Finding the motivation is a toughie, and I think all of us reading your blog totally understand how difficult it is to maintain. The fact that you are maintaining so well is still inspiring, don't forget that :) PS. LOL at the eye of the takeaway line!!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 pm  

What KEK said! Don't lose sight of what you've done. Maintaining is great! Be proud of yrself!

PS - Yr not becoming one of those skinny chicks who always thinks she's fat are you? LOL

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 pm  

No disrespect meant to those skinny chicks, either....

Bugger, i've got to learn to stop typing when it's good for me....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 pm  

 

stats:

current weight:
76.6 kg

start weight:
110.1 kg

total loss:
33.5 kg

goal weight:
70 kgs

 

measurements:

boobs: 100 cm

waist: 81 cm

hips: 109 cm

thighs: 50 cm

 

Weekly Goal Lifestyle Changing Challenge-A-Rama

Week 1 - Drink more water

Week 2 - Cut out sugary treats

*

my writing blog

previous:

Legend of the Week!

Change of Life

Sleepy!

Ouchies...

A LIttle Run...

Sleep My Pretties!

Growing Up

Changes

I heart my HRM!

Miracle Cure

archives